Zach King on how to create Vine videos that WOW!
April 3, 2014
Are you looking to find better ways to engage your fans through videos?
Do you want to learn some tricks to using Vine?
This week on the Social Media Social Hour Zach King joins me to talk about how to create Vine videos that wow! I also share with you an awesome tool I discovered at Social Media Marketing World 2014 that lets you add AWESOME text to your photos in seconds.
About the Show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I also share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, account management, and productivity.
In this episode, here’s what we’ll cover:
- Tech tool of the week: WordSwag
- Zach is in the top 100 most followed users on Vine.
- Vine is an app that allows users to create and consume six second videos.
- Zach has been on Vine since September of 2013.
- He started as an online video creator with a YouTube channel.
- He first created videos to teach others how to use Final Cut Pro and then started uploading his own personal work with special effects.
- Initially he took about 30 minutes to design and shoot vines.
- Now it can take anywhere from 1-5 hours to produce a vine.
- He creates vines with Final Cut Pro and also with the Vine app alone.
- Zach says that Final Cut is not necessary to make an awesome vine with special effects.
- The timing of Vine is extremely important.
- Zach has worked with Taco Bell, Nordstrom, Coca Cola, and other top brands to create vines.
- Brands can creatively leverage these six second videos in the app.
- Zach does use Instagram as well but does not usually double over the content.
- With the revine feature, a vine is able to grow over a few days, whereas Instagram photos and videos fall lower in the feed.
- Zach thinks the shelf life for a vine is about a week.
- Ellen DeGeneres’ producers contacted Zach King after a video compilation of his vines went viral.
- Zach talks about the process of how to create some of his vines.
- His favorite vines are with a goldfish and his bedtime routine.
Zach King’s Social Media Six Pack
- What is your lucky number? 14
- If you could only take one form of public transportation, what would it be? Jetpack
- Have you ever tried tap dancing? Yes!
- How many pillows do you sleep with? One
- Clowns – funny or creepy? Creepy
- How do you have your eggs? Scrambled