By now you’ve heard me talk so much about the platform Blab. If you follow me on Twitter, you can’t avoid it.
I’m sure you’re curious about this emerging platform. So today, I present to you a guide to using Blab, and I have none other than the Chief Technology Officer behind this amazing platform giving us the skinny.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I also share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Scoreboard Social.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- What Blab is. You know you want to learn more about it, so give this podcast a listen.
- What “props” are on Blab.
- Tyler says Blab is like ESPN’s show, Around The Horn.
- The story on how Blab came to be.
- How Furqan became the CTO of Blab.
- How the staff developed Blab out of a hack-a-thon.
- “Everyday some is pushing the envelope with this platform, so it’s cool to see.”
- “We started on a consumer product, which is where my passion is.”
- “I’m a guy who has always been fortunate enough to work on the projects that I like.”
- “When creating a start up it’s like man versus mountain”
- “… As a leader, a motivator, a person who can define clarify. When I think of the best CEO’s I have ever worked with or seen, all of them have a blend of all of that.”
- “A hackathon really just means that we’re going to be creative and hack together a product.”
- “It would be cool to be a fly on the wall in a conversation.” (On the thought process behind blab)
- “We’re in beta, but we are doing something unique by building it in public.”
- “The content is going to shape this platform, it’s not going to be us. If the content is there, we’re going to be there to support it.”
- “This is a conversation platform.”
- “If you’re a third party developer and want to build on to blab, direct message me, and we’ll get you started.”
- “When we do roll out the embed feature to everyone… The goal is that when you schedule a blab you’ll get the embed code, you can integrate it into your blog or website, and then it should go through the stages of the blab automatically. It’ll go from a scheduled state, to a live state, to a recorded state, all automatically. That’s part of the convenience we want to offer.”
- “We haven’t spent too much time on our internal insights yet, because we spend all of our energy on the product.”
- “The average blab user spends over an hour a day consuming content (on blab).”
- “I spend no time on vanity metrics. I only spend time on things that are going to make an impact to the users.”
- “There are a ton of user generated guides (about blabs), and we’re in process of making a list of them.”
- “If you sign up for blab, there is a daily digest that goes out, that talks a lot about the cool stuff that’s going on and what is coming up.”
- “Pro tip- you can sign into another account and take over another square.”
Furqan’s Social Media Six Pack:
- What’s the oddest thing you’ve ever purchased on Amazon? A cucumber (amazon fresh)
- Do you know how to change a flat tire? Yes
- What’s the most thrilling thing you’ve ever done? Race cars
- What was the last movie you saw in a movie theater? Straight Outta Compton
- (Besides Blab) Which social network do you spend the most time on? A toss up between Twitter and Snapchat
- Where can we get a Blab t-shirt? Tweet or DM @TeamBlab or Society6.com