Writing Copy that Sells: How to Write Emotional and Powerful Copy
March 22, 2018
Would you say you’re good at writing copy that sells?
Do you struggle to create compelling posts due to an inability to craft powerful copy?
This week on the podcast, I’m joined by Rosie Di Lecce, a word wizard and owner of Write with Rosie, as we discuss how to write emotional and powerful messages that captivate an audience. In this episode we’ll discuss the steps to writing copy that sells, how to engage in powerful copywriting and authentically embrace one’s voice, how to emotionally connect with your audience, and so much more.
Let’s do this…
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover about writing powerful copy:
- Why you should avoid trading your voice for a “perfect” one.
- What powerful copywriting is and the effect it can have.
- How an emotional word bank can be a valuable tool.
- How slang and jargon can kill you copy.
- Why kids should be able to understand your copy.
- How talking out loud as your copywrite can be beneficial.
- When emojis can help represent your brand.
- How a “jar of ideas” can be useful.
Quotes from Rosie on how to write emotional and powerful copy:
- “Everybody is…writing something.”
- “What is my voice? How should I write?”
- “Done is always better than perfect.”
- “Copywriting is different than just writing.”
- “Copywriting has one single aim: selling.”
- “Powerful copy is copy that can sell.”
- “What do I want the audience to feel?”
- “Can I say this in a punchier way?”
- “Cut it by 30%.”
- “No one is going to be better at writing about your business than you are.”
Items mentioned in the show about writing copy that sells:
- Tack – UGC Curation Tool
- Contact Rosie Di Lecce
- Contact Tyler