Video Tips For Social Media Marketers
September 18, 2015
Are you looking for ways to leverage video as part of your social media strategy?
Do you want to learn some sweet video tips for social media marketers?
Video is hot. From YouTube to live-streaming, everyone is trying to figure out the most innovative ways to incorporate video into their content mix.
This week on the Social Media Social Hour, I am joined by Rocky Walls, founder and CEO of 12 Stars Media, with the latest and greatest video marketing tips, tricks, and hacks!
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I also share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Scoreboard Social.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
About Rocky Walls:
Rocky is the founder of 12 Stars Media, a video production company working globally that specializes in producing video that connects you with your audience through real and simple communication. They also are the creators of Candidio, an app that lets you save time and money by collecting smartphone video in one place and letting professionals edit it for you.
Rocky is also known for consulting one-on-one with companies about using video in their marketing and communication plans, and engaging rooms full of communicators by speaking in places like Microsoft HQ or Walt Disney World.
- Video is a great way to connect with people.
- We now have the ability to produce video much more quickly and efficiently.
- Consumers of media have changed dramatically.
- We all have to be creators of video content.
- Upload your videos directly to Facebook.
- It has more to do with the person behind the camera than anything else.
- Take advantage of your mobile device that shoots high quality video.
- Practice, Practice, Practice!
- Stabilize your shot.
- 90% of a great video is good audio.
- Get the microphone close to your subject for higher quality sound.
- When recording video, get away from the noise.
- Ask your interviewee to speak up.
- Make your interviewee feel confident and listened to.
- Shoot for the edit.
Items/people mentioned in the show:
Rocky’s Social Media Six Pack:
- What was your first car? 1987 Toyota Camry
- Do you sing in the shower? No
- What is the one thing people do when making videos that makes you cringe? They don’t make them, (and just talk about making them).
- If someone ran into you at a conference, which drink should they order you? Iced tea
- Have you ever purchased anything that was featured on Shark Tank? The Scrub Daddy
- How many times a week do you exercise? 3/4 times per week