Video Marketing: Performance Tips for Video Creators
August 16, 2017
Are you creating more video as part of your video marketing strategy?
Would you like to speak with better clarity to your audience?
In this week’s podcast episode I’m joined by Richard The Magician and he shares with you performance tips to that every vlogger and video creator should know. You’ll learn exercises to help in your preparation for creating videos along with the importance of how you say the words you speak and the advantages of thinking from the perspective of your audience.
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- How Richard The Magician utilizes social media and UGC in his field to expand his following.
- Why warming up prior to speaking on any kind of platform or to any form of audience is crucial.
- How one gains control over presentation through their breathing.
- How a wine cork can help one better articulate their words.
- How tongue twisters play a critical role in articulation warm-up for any form of recorded or public speaking.
- What the “resonating latter” is and how it relates to those in the social media industry.
- What the 3 primary goals that every actor should have are and why they apply to all people trying to sell something.
- How communication is like a sport and the importance of both sides knowing that they’re playing.
- Why it is important is to approach video making as if it is intended for an audience of one.
Memorable quotes from Richard:
- “Give them something to ‘snap’ about.”
- “If they’re taking the time to follow me I should at least take the time to give them something interesting.”
- “Video is the name of the game now.”
- “I don’t see competition, I see colleagues.”
- “When you go to speak in front of a live audience, clarity is key.”
- “Articulation is key, breathing is key.”
- “What do you want your audience to do, think, or feel?”
- “How you say your words is far more important than the actual words you’re saying.”
- “The audience is always right.”
- “[There are] no secrets on stage.”
Items mentioned in the show:
- Tack – UGC Curation Tool
- Richard The Magician (Main Page)
- Four Vocal Tips for Vloggers and Presenters
- Vocal Warm Ups
- What is Acting
- Connect with Richard The Magician
- Contact Tyler