Are you struggling with how your business can leverage video marketing as part of your overall marketing strategy?
Does the thought of getting in front of a camera and figuring out all the gear and technology frighten you?
This week on the podcast, I’m joined by George Thomas, and we discuss how to get your business started with video marketing. In this episode you’ll learn how you can start shooting professional video for your company for under $500, why it is so important to have a pre-production checklist, how effective your phone can be in creating professional video content, and so much more.
Let’s do this…
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- How you can start shooting professional video for your company for under $500.
- How you can create your own “guerilla gear.”
- Why it is important to make videos with purpose.
- Why it is so important to have a pre-production checklist.
- What goes into a pre-production checklist.
- How teleprompters can make or break a video recording.
- Why you should have the appropriate spokesperson for your videos.
- How effective your phone can be in creating professional video content.
- Why you should include an email signature video in your email.
- What steps you should take after publishing a video.
Memorable quotes from George:
- “[Video is the] next step of the inbound marketing revolution.”
- “By 2019, 80% of the world’s internet traffic will be video.” (statistic from Cisco)
- “There’s so much content and so little time.”
- “It’s more frictionless now to create video.”
- “Focus on the 80% of questions you get most.”
- “You should be insourcing your own video.”
- “Oh my gosh, that was shot with a cell phone!”
- “Pay attention to your talent.”
- “Be human, be happy, and be helpful.”
Items mentioned in the show:
- Tack – UGC Curation Tool
- Contact George Thomas
- FREE Video Assessment
- Script Template
- Pre-Production Checklist
- YouTube Template Pack
- Video Workshops
- Hubcast Podcast
- Contact Tyler