Are you curious about the relationship between social media and SEO (search engine optimization)?
Have you made sure your social media and SEO strategies are working together?
To learn more about the relationship between social media and SEO, and how they compliment each other now more than ever before, I invite Rand Fishkin for the inaugural episode of the Social Media Social Hour podcast.
Yes, I know what you’re thinking. “What!?! You have a podcast?”
Yes! Welcome to the Social Media Social Hour Podcast.
I am thrilled to jump into podcasting! Honestly, it has been on my to-do list since Social Media Marketing World earlier this year. However, with the continued growth of Casual Fridays, the launch of Scoreboard Social, and planning Social Media Day San Diego, it has taken a little longer than I would have liked to get started. But at last, we’re here.
About this show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media marketing fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with influencers and top brands to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week, I also share tools that I personally use in the day-to-day operations of running Casual Fridays, a leading social media marketing agency.
If you would like to learn more about me and why I have decided to start the Social Media Social Hour, check out this video or view it below.
In this episode of the Social Media Social Hour, I will share with you a tool that I have been using to help with my email productivity.
I also interview Rand Fishkin, founder/CEO of Moz.com, and acclaimed search engine optimization (SEO) and online marketing strategist. If you’re not familiar with Rand, he’s a leading authority in search engine optimization and online marketing. In addition to running Moz.com, Rand co-authored the Art of SEO, co-founded Inbound.org., and is on Business Week’s list of 30 Best Tech Entrepreneurs Under 30.
In this episode, here’s what we’ll cover:
- Tech Tool of The Week: Boomerang for Gmail is a great tool that helps you take control of when you send and receive email messages
- Rand shares his story and timeline, beginning when he dropped out of college to help his mother out with her printing/marketing company leading to where he is today as CEO of Moz.com
- How SEO has changed and evolved from when Rand first got started in 2004 to what it is today. Rand particularly discusses other factors that now impact SEO, including social media
- How it’s virtually impossible to win at SEO today for the long term if you’re not doing any form of content marketing and social media.
- What the rel=”author” tag is and how Google+ is integrating it into search results
- Tips to optimize your profile photo for your social networks
- The social media marketing landscape and structure at Moz.com
- How Moz.com uses social media to drive free trials and brand exposure
- The tools that the social media marketing team from Moz.com use
- How Moz.com measures its social media marketing strategy
- How sharing photos exclusively on Facebook has performed quite well for Moz.com
- How Facebook’s News Feed algorithm rewards posts that get early engagement and how to use that to get a lower cost in Facebook Ads
- The key to building relationships across social media with comment marketing
Rand Fishkin’s Social Media Six Pack (six questions where I ask Rand to provide one simple answer):
- Social network Rand personally spends the most time on
- A social network Rand could do without
- Best comment plugin for blogs
- Apple or PC
- Smartphone of choice
- One NFL player that Rand follows on Twitter
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Boomerang for Gmail
- Rand’s blog
- Follow Rand on Twitter
- Moz Analytics
- Sprout Social
- Bit.ly Pro
Learn more about Tyler Anderson and the Social Media Social Hour Podcast: