Is your business leveraging the power of story in your marketing?
Are you creating content that grabs your audience’s attention and keeps them engaged?
This week on the podcast, we dip into the Social Media Day San Diego vault and tap into this captivating talk given by Zack King in 2014.
Even though it’s over four years old, the message is as powerful today as it was back then. Enjoy!
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk about digital marketing, social media, influencer marketing, and more. The Social Media Social Hour is sponsored by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here’s what you’ll discover on the power of story:
- Zach’s backstory on how he got started as a video creator. You can still see his original Vine’s online.
- How Zach uses a story to lead to a smile, which ultimately leads to a share (his goal).
- The importance of finding a platform that works for you and your customers.
- Zach’s opinion on publishing content across multiple channels.
- The importance of honing in on a single niche.
- Zach’s 4-categories to get a persons attention. (Jump to the 19:15 mark)
- The significance of putting yourself in front of a camera.
- How consistency is more important than quantity, but not quality.
- The benefit of creating free content.
- The three keys in making your videos sustainable. (Jump to the 25:05 mark)
- How to find your voice and creativity.
- The importance of finding a team.
- The three things Zach looks for in his video creation (Jump to the 31:30 mark)
Quotes from Zach about the power of story:
- “It has to be about a story. It needs a beginning, a middle, and an end.”
- “Publishing everywhere is publishing nowhere.”
- “Posting about everything is posting about nothing.”
- “When you don’t tackle a niche, you’re not tackling anything.”
- “Marketing is telling a story that leads to an action.”
- “For me: story = smile. For you: story = sale.”
- “Put yourself in front of a camera.”
Items mentioned in the show:
- Social Media Day San Diego 2018 – Get Your Tickets 🎟
- Tack – UGC Curation Tool
- Contact Zach
- Contact Tyler