Emoji Marketing: The Marketer’s Guide To Using Emojis 😀
August 24, 2017
Is your business using emojis in your marketing?
Would you like your business to appear more authentic and humanizing with your target audience?
On the podcast this week, discover how emojis are changing the way people communicate and how marketers can implement them to humanize their brand and give a boost to their marketing initiatives.
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- Why emojis are so effective in modern day communication and marketing.
- How most employees (even those at a senior senior level) are both accepting and using emojis.
- How you can save time communicating with emojis.
- Why emojis help to convey tone better than traditional text.
- How to leverage emojis and utilize them to gauge audience sentiment.
- How brands are becoming more relatable and trustworthy with emojis.
- How and when to use emojis.
- Why one should be aware of variance in emoji meaning (and beware of certain emojis).
- How some emojis have varying meanings among different demographics.
Memorable quotes from Tyler:
- “[Emojis are] fun little icons that have taken over everything.”
- “In 2015, Instagram…[found] that about 50% of all Instagram captions included at least one emoji.”
- “Pay attention to how your customer or your audience is using emojis with how they’re engaging with you.”
- “[Emojis are] generally now accepted among employers.”
- “Brands that use emojis are considered to be more relatable and trustworthy than those who don’t.”
- “By leveraging emojis you’re going to build trust and humanize your brand.”
- Consider your target audience: will emojis resonate with them? Will they connect with it emotionally? What emojis are they already using?
- Consider your brand consistency: what emojis reflect your core values?
- What are the meanings of the emojis that you want to use? What are the feelings you’re trying to convey? If you’re leveraging these emojis, will your message still be clear?
Items mentioned in the show:
- Tack – UGC Curation Tool
- Emoji Tracker, “realtime emoji use on Twitter”
- Urban Dictionary, “Napstipated”
- Emoji People and Smileys Meanings
- How to activate the emoji keyboard for Mac users:
- control + command + spacebar
- Contact Tyler