The Future of Online Marketing and Sales
June 25, 2015
Have you thought about the future of online marketing and sales recently? If you’re as busy as I am, you probably haven’t.
Since 2006, inbound marketing has been the most effective marketing method for doing business online.
Rather than relying on the old outbound marketing methods of buying ads, buying email lists, and praying for leads, inbound marketing focuses on creating quality content that pulls people toward your company and product, where they want to be.
This week on the Social Media Social Hour Podcast I’m joined by Inbound Marketing expert, Tom Schwab, and we explore Inbound Marketing and what the future holds for online marketing and sales.
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I also share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Scoreboard Social.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
About Tom Schwab:
- An experienced entrepreneur, writer, and speaker who empowers entrepreneurs, solopreneuers and small business owners to easily understand and use digital tools to build a scalable automated sales and marketing machine that delights the customer and business.
- Tom works with:
- Entrepreneurial startups
- Brick and Mortar expanding to web
- He helps them:
- Attract More Visitors
- Engage More Leads
- Delight Customers
- Build a profitable business
- Turning Content into Cash
- Inbound marketing is promoting a company through:
- Inbound marketing refers to marketing activities that bring visitors in, rather than marketers having to go out to get prospects’ attention.
- Inbound marketing earns the attention of customers
- makes the company easy to be found
- draws customers to the website by producing interesting content.
- “We’re always looking for the next big tool…but without a good strategy, a good tool will only execute it worse”
- “People only buy from people they know, like and trust.”
- “We aren’t looking at the value of a transaction, rather, the lifetime value of a customer.”
Items/people mentioned in the show:
- Net Promoter Score – or NPS®, is based on the fundamental perspective that every company’s customers can be divided into three categories: Promoters, Passives, and Detractors.
- Cool Net Promoter Score Infographic created by Tom
- Tom’s Twitter —> @tmschwab
- Connect with Tom on LinkedIn
Tom’s Social Media Six Pack:
- Can you dance? I think I can, other people can’t, they don’t drink enough.
- Favorite pizza topping? Pepperoni
- Do you know how to change the oil in your car? Not only my car, my wife’s car and my kids car.
- Have you ever tried archery? No
- Red or green grapes? Red grapes. And I’m looking out at the vineyards of Welch’s grapes right now.
- Last thing you took a picture of? Granddaughter