Social Selling Ninja Tricks For LinkedIn with Viveka von Rosen
January 11, 2017
Have you heard of social selling, but aren’t sure what it is?
Did you know you can use social media platforms like LinkedIn for lead generation?
Social selling might be a buzzword in the social media marketing industry, but the concept and practice is very relevant. Every day, brands are leveraging LinkedIn and other social media platforms to generate leads and grow their business.
This week on the Social Media Social Hour, I discuss social selling ninja tricks for LinkedIn
with Viveka von Rosen.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
About Viveka von Rosen:
Viveka is known internationally as the “LinkedIn Expert” and speaks to executives, business owners, entrepreneurs, and corporations on the benefits of marketing with social media, particularly, LinkedIn.
Author of “LinkedIn Marketing: An Hour A Day” for John Wiley & Sons, she is also a regular source on LinkedIn for prestigious news outlets such as Forbes, Money Magazine, Mashable, Ragan, SocialMediaExaminer, CNN, Huffington Post and The Miami Herald.
Mentionable Quotes by Viveka von Rosen:
- “Social selling is using social in a way to position yourself to grow know, like, and trust through content marketing.”
- “Social selling works best when you have a relationship with someone.”
- “Update your header and background images on LinkedIn.”
- ” In your summary section, tell your story, focus on your audience and what you can do for them.”
- “Credibility is a key component to social selling.”
- “The new company pages are focused on engagement and company culture.”
- “Get over the fear of posting too much. Update daily.”
- “Longer posts do better on LinkedIn than sorter posts.”
- “It’s ok to repurpose content from your blog on LinkedIn Publisher.”
- “Anyone who really is going to use LinkedIn for lead generation is going to need a paid account.”
Items/people mentioned in the show:
Viveka von Rosen’s Social Media Six Pack:
- Do you make drip coffee at home? Yes
- Blendtec or Vitamix? I broke both
- Toaster or Toaster oven? Toaster
- One thing that is always in your refrigerator? Coconut milk
- How many times a week do you eat at your kitchen table? 4 times per week
- Do you own a scrub daddy? No