Social Media Tools, Blogging Tools And More!
October 17, 2013
Are you looking for new social media tools to help you with your social media monitoring and management?
Are you curious if there are some better tools out there to help you with blogging and email management?
This week on the Social Media Social Hour, we’re getting technical and talking about about the latest and greatest social media tools, blogging tools, and more with Ian Cleary of RazorSocial.com.
Each week I usually share with you a tech tool of the week. However, since this week’s episode is all about tools for social media, blogging and more, we’re taking a break.
About this show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I also share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, account management and productivity.
In this episode, here’s what we’ll cover:
- Ian shares his story on how he blended his experience in technology with social media to become the social media tools guy.
- Ian discusses the many ways in which he discovers the tools. Surprisingly, he gets a lot of recommendations from the comments section of his blog.
- Ian has a spreadsheet with 1,300-1,400 total tools on it and every day adds a few more to it.
- Post Planner is a great tool Ian recommends for Facebook. It has scheduling functionality and a content discovery engine.
- Rafflecopter and AugoraPulse are great contest tools for Facebook.
- Scoreboard Social is a tool Ian recommends for Facebook analytics.
- Ian recommends using apps like Tabsite and Woobox for contests that are going to be more long term.
- Commun.it is a great tool to help you filter out your Twitter account and find relevant conversations.
- Dlvr.it is a tool Ian recommends to help you automate your blog posts.
- SocialOomph is a fantastic Twitter tool to queue up recurring evergreen content on Twitter.
- When it comes to Google+, Ian recommends Chrome do.share plugin.
- There are minimal tools to use for LinkedIn, but if you’re a large organization, Ian recommends PeopleLynx.
- 500Plus is a LinkedIn tool that reminds you to communicate with people that you have already connected with.
- Viral Tag is a Pinterest Tag that helps you schedule pins.
- Tail Wind App is a newer app that Ian has discovered Pinterest, that helps you track growth and grow your following.
- When it comes to Instagram tools, Ian hasn’t specialized quite yet, but has the following on his radar: followgram, inc361 and statigram.
- Some of Ian’s favorite blogging tools are Moz plugin toolbar, Open Site Explorer, and Google Keyword Planner.
- There was a great blog post written by Andy Crestodina of Orbit Media that Ian recommends to help determine which keywords you should focus on.
- Inbox Zero is a mindset and process where whenever an email comes in you take action. You either delete it, archive it, schedule it as a to-do or quickly respond to it.
- Some tools to help manage email workflow that Ian recommends are Mailstrum.co and sanebox.
Ian Cleary’s Social Media Six Pack:
- Your personal favorite social network? Twitter
- One social network that it wouldn’t bother you if it didn’t exist? Instagram
- Last podcast you listened to? Syaid Balke on Entrepreneur on Fire
- If you could only attend one social media / online marketing conference in a year, what would it be? SMMW14
- Last person you followed on Twitter? Can’t really remember…
- Favorite American beer? Budweiser
Items mentioned in the episode:
- Follow Ian on Twitter
- Post Planner
- Scoreboard Social
- do.share Chrome plugin
- Viral Tag
- Tail Wind
- Moz plugin toolbar
- Open Site Explorer
- Google Keyword Planner
- Andy Crestodina of Orbit Media