Social Media Marketing World is one of the leading events in the social media and digital marketing space. (Some even consider it to be the “Super Bowl” of the social media industry.) If you didn’t get the chance to attend, don’t worry, we’ve got you!
This week on the Social Media Social Hour, I am joined by Mike Gingerich, Carlos Gil, Sue Zimmerman, and the Casual Fridays team for a Social Media Marketing World 2016 recap.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I also share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Scoreboard Social.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
About the guests:
Mike is the co-founder of TabSite, an industry leading promotion and contest app platform, who thoroughly enjoys leading social and online marketing trainings. He is also a digital marketing strategy consultant for multiple businesses as President of Digital Hill Multimedia where he oversees web, apps, digital marketing, and online stores.
Carlos Gil is an innovative, executive with extensive corporate marketing experience engaging consumers via digital, social media, mobile and e-mail channels. Currently, Carlos is the Global Head of Social Media for BMC Software. In this role, Carlos is responsible for shaping and executing social media strategy with the goals of raising brand awareness, driving website traffic, and engaging the greater Information Technology community online.
Sue B. is the #instagramexpert, founder of Insta-Results (the world’s first comprehensive online Instagram course) and Ready Set Gram. She’s a popular CreativeLive instructor, powerful speaker on prominent stages like SMMW15 and SMMW16, and a highly sought after business coach. She’s passionate about teaching entrepreneurs and marketing professionals how to easily leverage the power of Instagram to get tangible business results.
- “Next year I would make appointments to meet with people.”
- “There was a lot of great space for one on one meetings.”
- “How do you get heard amidst the noise, (on what the key theme was this year)?”
- “You have to watch Snapchat.”
- “Facebook is here and is not going away.”
- “You need to stay abreast of what can help you stand out amidst the noise.”
- “Snapchat is just not for everyone. That’s just the reality.”
- “If your audience isn’t there, you don’t necessarily need to have a presence.”
- “You have to evolve or die.”
- “It’s all about being platform agnostic. These platforms could go away tomorrow.”
- “Without owning data, you’re at the mercy of these platforms.”
- “Content marketing is not dead.”
- “Make sure you’re story-telling and using contrast when you speak.”
- “Instagram direct message is one of the most under-utilized tools.”
- “I am a life long learner.”
- “Be more human.”
- “We don’t want to be sold to, we want to be engaged with.”
Items/people mentioned in the show: