Social Media Marketing Strategies That Work Right Now
February 22, 2018
Are you struggling to find social media marketing strategies that work for your business?
Are the recent algorithm changes across social media causing you to re-think your entire social media marketing strategy?
This week on the podcast, I’m joined by Ryan Peña, and we discuss social media marketing strategies that work for both B2B and B2C businesses. In this episode you’ll learn how to adjust your social media strategy with the recent update Facebook made to their algorithm, how you can still achieve success organically on Facebook, the importance of having public captions in your videos, and much more.
Let’s do this…
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- How to adjust your social media strategy with the recent update Facebook made to their algorithm.
- Why B2B businesses should humanize their brand through social media.
- How to create a paid strategy that focuses on value added content.
- The importance of educating your team on best practices.
- How beneficial asking yourself the question, “what would our audience be interested in?” when creating content.
- The impact of client interviews, case studies, and employee spotlights.
- How to repurpose your video content.
- The significance of engaging conversations with Facebook’s update to their algorithm.
- How you can still achieve success organically on Facebook.
- Why video is the way to go to humanize your brand, tell a story, and get your audience to engage.
- Why Facebook is still the best spot for most B2C businesses.
- How YouTube is a channel that should not be forgotten.
- The significance of optimizing your videos for YouTube.
- The importance of having public captions in your videos.
- How creating less content could actually be more beneficial for your business.
Memorable quotes from Ryan:
- “Any organization should start by taking a step back and assessing their content marketing strategy.”
- “Ask yourself, what would our audience be interested in? What story would they like to hear?”
- “When it comes to Facebook, now you absolutely just have to create engaging content, and when you do, you need to be ready to jump on those comments to make sure it’s a memorable experience.”
- “When it comes to organic strategy, video is the way to go. Video is just going to get more reach than an image or an article.”
- “Always have a published captions in your videos. Always.”
Items mentioned in the show:
- Tack – UGC Curation Tool
- Contact Ryan Peña
- Contact Tyler