Social Media Internships: How To Create A Win-Win for the Intern and Your Business
August 17, 2016
Are you a college student considering a career in social media?
Are you an organization considering hiring a social media intern?
Internships can be a win for both the intern and your brand. Whether it’s a perfect fit or a epic mismatch, there is always a lesson to be learned and an experience to be had.
This week on the Social Media Social Hour, I am joined by Lila and Kira Zimmerman, on Social Media Internships: A Win for the Intern and Your Business.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I also share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Scoreboard Social.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
About Lila and Kira Zimmerman:
Lila Zimmerman is a college junior from Boston, MA and is currently attending the University of Maryland. Her passion for health and fitness moved her to create an Instagram account and blog call Fresh, Fit, and Fearless to share her lifestyle.
Kira Zimmerman is an upcoming junior at American University studying PR and film.
Mentionable Quotes by Lila Zimmerman:
- “I didn’t expect how close knit the office is and how well everyone works together.”
- “You need to have a plan when doing social media for a business. It’s very different from running my own personal account.”
- “Even if I go the entrepreneurial route, I learned skills here that I’m going to take with me.”
- “The communication and the planning you have going on behind the scenes is so valuable.”
Mentionable Quotes by Kira Zimmerman:
- “I think it’s really valuable for any college student to go out and do a ton of different internships, and then reflect on if they could do them long term.”
- “We’re not students anymore. We need to learn to take initiative.”
Mentionable Quotes by Tyler Anderson:
- “My main advice is: listen to your gut.”
- “Podcasting has doubled in its growth trajectory in the last year.”
Items/people mentioned in the show:
Lila’s Social Media Six Pack:
- Favorite restaurant you stumbled across? Trilogy Sanctuary
- If you only had one day in San Diego, what you would you do? Go biking on the boardwalk and go to Mission Beach
- How many times per week did you eat Mexican food? Zero
- Did you try surfing? Yes. It’s so much harder than you would think
- Did it rain once? It was misty once
- Would you ever move here permanently? Yes, I will be back after I graduate