How did you celebrate Social Media Day this year?
Did you participate in one of the top meet-ups that happened in San Diego, Denver, Phoenix, or Jacksonville?
Since 2010, Social Media Day is celebrated every year on June 30th. Social Media Day San Diego has been one of the biggest events on the planet. This year, over 400 people came together to celebrate Social Media Day San Diego that featured some amazing speakers such as Pat Flynn, Marcus Sheridan, Mari Smith, Michael Stelzner, Dennis Yu and yours truly. Today on the podcast, I’m joined by co-host Mike Bires as we discuss everything that happened at Social Media Day San Diego 2017.
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- What goes into planning an event like Social Media Day San Diego.
- Some of the key takeaways from top speakers at Social Media Day San Diego.
- Some in-depth behind the scenes interviews with Pat Flynn & Sue B. Zimmerman.
- Mike’s first impression when the #SMDAYSD lineup was announced.
- How Social Media Day and particularly Social Media Day San Diego has evolved.
- The story on how The Bahia Resort became the host location for Social Media Day San Diego.
- Why the Bahia was the perfect setting for Social Media Day San Diego.
- How speakers were selected for Social Media Day San Diego.
- The two wild card speakers for Social Media Day San Diego.
- The logistical nightmares that go into planning a single track, one day event.
- How much of a money maker Social Media Day San Diego really is.
- Key takeaways from each speaker at Social Media Day San Diego.
Items Mentioned In The Show:
- Check out all the photos from #SMDAYSD
- Connect with Mike Bires
- Contact Tyler