Social Media Day San Diego 2016 Recap
July 7, 2016
We’re pumped to have another Social Media Day San Diego in the books!
If you were unable to attend the event, no worries. We’ve got the official recap that’ll make you feel like you were there.
This week on the Social Media Social Hour, I am joined by Mitch Jackson and Bree Kelley for the Social Media Day San Diego 2016 recap.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I also share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Scoreboard Social.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
About Mitch Jackson:
In 2009 Mitch was named an Orange County “Trial Lawyer of the Year” by the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association (OCTLA provided the video). In 2011 and 2013, Mitch was again nominated for OCTLA “Trial Lawyer of the Year” and in 2011, nominated for the Consumer Attorneys of California for the “CAOC Street Fighter of the Year” award.
In 2013 Mitch received the prestigious California Lawyer Attorneys of the Year (CLAY) Award for litigation. According to California Lawyer Magazine, the CLAY Award recognizes attorneys who have changed the law, substantially influenced public policy or the profession, or achieved a remarkable victory for a client or for the public and have made a profound impact on the law.
Mitch’s firm is listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, an exclusive listing reserved for less than 5% of all distinguished law practices in the United States. Several earlier recognitions include Mitch being named as a “Southern California Super Lawyer” and an ability rating of 10.0 or Superb by the AVVO lawyer rating system.
Mentionable Quotes by Tyler Anderson:
- “You could probably have a whole conference just about Facebook ads.”
- “Sunny was very adamant about not taking your Facebook Live’s and uploading them to YouTube.”
- “Mike Stelzner made a bold statement- he thinks the battle of live video will only be between Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.”
- “Don’t let live video be 100% your only strategy.”
Mentionable Quotes by Mitch Jackson:
- “I thought the emphasis on live video was critical.”
- “Joel got everyone focused on the right issue, if you want to stay relevant in social and be heard above the noise, embrace the live video platforms.”
- “What Carlos did well was explain to the audience how we can use Snapchat in our businesses.”
- “Use the platforms that you’re the most comfortable with.”
Mentionable Quotes by Bree Kelley:
- “What I love about Joel is that he gave his presentation context. He didn’t just speak to big ideas, but gave the background story and discussed how things have evolved.”
- “During Jenn’s Q&A the conversation turned from social ads to community management and what best practices on social are. I thought it was interesting that as much as we were trying to move into higher level topics, people were still trying to wrap their heads around the basics of these platforms.”
- “Not every influencer is meant for every brand.”
- “People don’t connect with brands, people connect with people.”
Items/people mentioned in the show:
- Social Media Day San Diego
- San Diego Marriott Marquis
- Social Media Day San Diego 2016 Photo Album
- Joel Comm’s Keynote
- Carlos Gil’s Presentation
- Jenn Herman’s Presentation
- Mari Smith’s Presentation
- Brian Fanzo’s Presentation
- Sunny Lenarduzzi’s Presentation
- Mike Stelzner and Tyler Anderson’s Presentation
- Jay Baer’s Closing Keynote
- 4 Takeaways For Marketers From the Chewbacca Mom’s Viral Video
- Tyler Anderson
- Mitch Jackson
- Bree Kelley