Are you trying to figure out how to use Snapchat for your business?
Are you looking for Snapchat hacks and tips that will make your content shine?
With more than 60% of smartphone users between the ages of 13-34 on Snapchat, it’s safe to say that the platform is here to stay.
This week on the Social Media Social Hour, I am joined by Shaun Ayala, Snapchat interactive storyteller and strategist, on Snapchat hacks and tricks.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I also share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Scoreboard Social.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
About Shaun Ayala:
Shaun is a Snapchat Interactive Storyteller. He enjoys creating stories and games featuring animated characters and special guest features starring his snapchat friends. His recent games like Pac-Man, Donkey Kong and the Walking Dead are fan favorites. Shaun has also contributed and featured in the Snapchat Accounts of Mashable, MLS, Mission Impossible and others. Shaun also loves to talk Snapchat Strategy and Tips on how to use Snapchat effectively. His primary focus is teaching and sharing tips on how to grow and engage a following by being a storyteller using the platform.
- “The Note5 or a stylus provides accuracy when drawing on Snapchat.”
- “I storyboard all of my stories.”
- “I draw all of my snaps in airplane mode, and then upload them all at once so my audience can see them in order.”
- “My goal with all of my stories is to get my audience to interact and engage with my content.”
- “Getting your audience to physically do something in your story allows them to continue and finish your story.”
- “Tapping on the screen is like the fast forward on Snapchat.”
- “At the end of my stories, I always try to find a way to get reactions.”
- “I always end my stories with a CTA, asking people to send me their thoughts.”
- “The only way to take over someone’s account is giving them complete access and trust.”
- “There are a lot of third party apps that will let you upload and download other people’s snaps, but they’re against Snapchat’s terms of service, and you can be completely locked out of your account if you’re caught using them.”
- “Follow back other users as much as you can.”
- “Snapchat is such a personal platform. You want to take the time to communicate with others.”
- “At the minimum, change your profile picture to your snapcode with your logo in it. This will give you the opportunity to see if your community is on Snapchat.”
- “For the people that you do follow and know, edit their name and put an “A” in front of it (their name). This will help you organize your friends list and see those snaps first.”
- “I take the amount of views from my first snap and the amount of views from my second snap, and divide them to get my retention rate.”
- “I also monitor drop off rate. If people are dropping off on your snaps, they may not be into that story.”
- “Once you know the kind of story you’re going to create, promote it. Leverage your other social media channels to promote your stories.”
- “The people who convert from your other social media channels will be the most loyal.”
- “Add your Snapchat URL in your bio, on your website, in the footer of your email, etc. Don’t be afraid to use the assets Snapchat provides to you everywhere and anywhere that you can.”
Items/people mentioned in the show:
Shaun’s Social Media Six Pack:
- What is your favorite male cast member on the Walking Dead? Carol
- What is your favorite female cast member on the Walking Dead? Maggie
- What’s one charcter that you wish would get killed off of the show? No one
- Worst season so far? Fear of the Walking Dead
- Best season so far? Season 5
- What has been the most shocking death so far? When everyone thought Glen had died