Are you struggling to create quality content for your brand or business?
Are you leveraging the power of user-generated content with your customers?
This week on the podcast, I’m joined by international marketing expert, Mordecai Holtz, and he shares with me the secret power of user-generated content (UGC). You’ll learn what UGC is, why UGC is so powerful for brands, and why it is important for companies to be consumer-focused with UGC.
Let’s do this…
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- How international marketing expert, Mordecai Holtz, utilizes UGC.
- What UGC is.
- Why UGC is so powerful for brands.
- How tourism and several other industries are becoming more reliant on UGC.
- How you can promote UGC and sharing your experiences as a way to leverage a city, not just a company.
- Why knowing the preferred social media platform of your demographic is important.
- Why celebrity endorsements are often viewed as misleading or not as effective nowadays.
- How encouraging people to use a specific hashtag can leverage large amounts of UGC.
- How Holtz utilized physical, cut-out hashtags to leverage UGC and reach 250k people.
- How to correctly and legally obtain UGC and why it is important to do so.
- Why giving attribution is a powerful strategy when publishing UGC.
- How giving attribution to a UGC post can build trust with consumers.
- Why it is important for companies to be consumer-focused with UGC.
Memorable quotes from Mordecai:
- “Social media is constant and needs to be done ongoing[ly].”
- “They [now] see the value of social media.”
- “Millennials…don’t trust the brand.”
- “[UGC] helps promote everyone.”
- “Focus on one platform and say, ‘This is where we want people to share.’”
- “If the user is saying something positive about the brand…the success and the potential of success is much greater…[than] if the brand is saying it.”
- “They created boatloads of UGC for us…it could be close to two million dollars to get all that [content].”
- “The person’s experience can tell the story better than you can tell it and really add the value.”
- “Giving an attribution gives a different perspective.”
- “Posting through the eyes of different people.”
- “UGC is full of potential.”
- “[UGC gives] you a lot more listening power to what your users are doing.”
Items mentioned in the show:
- Tack – UGC Curation Tool
- Contact Mordecai Holtz
- Contact Tyler