How To Properly Set Goals and Maximize Productivity To Achieve Them
June 28, 2017
Do you find yourself wishing you were more productive with your time?
Do you struggle with setting and reaching goals?
Productivity is something a lot of people struggle with and at the root of it all is goal setting. My guest today, Allen Brouwer, has incorporated the knowledge from top experts and scientific data to develop products and systems to help people accomplish their goals more efficiently.
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- Why most people fail to complete their New Year’s Resolutions.
- A new way to look at goals on a daily basis.
- Daily versus weekly reflection.
- How to avoid procrastination.
- Why it’s OK to change your goals.
- The importance of bookending your day with gratitude and reflection.
- How to maximize your productivity throughout the day.
- The kinesthetic value of using pen and paper.
- How to mentally overcome a derailed day.
Memorable Quotes from Allen:
- “There’s two flaws in the model. What we’ve done is flipped that to make goal setting short term based and specific.”
- “It gives you enough time to make progress on something but it’s short enough to always see the end in sight so you don’t procrastinate.”
- “I want to make sure I get all my physical, mental, spiritual and emotional needs done first thing in the morning. That way as soon as I’m done and complete in the morning, I can focus on strictly business.”
- “High achievers always think about what’s next. Reflect on those small wins.”
Items Mentioned In The Show:
- Connect with Allen Brouwer
- Save 10% off any products at BestSelf.co with promo code: SMSH10
- Tim Ferris article, The Not-To-Do List: 9 Habits to Stop Now
- Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
- The One Thing by Gary Keller
- Organize Tomorrow Today by Dr. Jason Selk
- Contact Tyler