Is your business looking to hop on the Pokémon Go bandwagon?
Are you trying to catch ’em all while boosting your sales?
We can’t avoid it. Out of nowhere, Pokémon Go has taken over our Facebook feeds, sidewalks, and the lobbies of our businesses. Brick and mortar stores are purchasing “lures”, and brands across industries are incorporating the infamous pokéball logo and the “got to catch ’em all” lingo into their ad copy. So how de we capitalize on the 11 million daily active users partaking in this viral app explosion? We’ve got you covered.
This week on the Social Media Social Hour, I am joined by Vincent Orleck, on what brands need to know about Pokémon Go marketing.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I also share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Scoreboard Social.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
About Vincent Orleck:
Vincent is the President of Social Media Club Phoenix, and works as a social media consultant with many businesses. A resident of the Valley of the Sun for the last 11 years, but he’s a native of Providence, Rhode Island. He and his wife Marissa have two daughters (ages 15 and almost 3) that keep them busy!
Mentionable Quotes by Vincent Orleck:
- “The game has a basis in augmented reality.”
- “Anyone can buy a lure for $0.99, and you can only drop them at a Pokéstop. You can’t just drop a lure in your business.”
- “Lures are the biggest opportunity for businesses.”
- “You can hyper target Pokémon users.”
- “The game is hard and that’s the appeal of it.”
- “It’s the barriers of your own imagination right now. If you have an idea, try it!”
Mentionable Quotes by Tyler Anderson:
- “This game is getting people out there exercising.”
- “Eventually you’ll be able to buy ads in the game.”
- “You can take screen shots of the Pokémon in your business and use that as content.”
- “Playing along to the real time marketing of this is beneficial.”
- “The augmented reality is what gets me the most excited about this.”
Items/people mentioned in the show:
Vincent’s Social Media Six Pack:
- First video game system you ever owned? Atari 2600
- Can you still remember the code to jump all the way to Mike Tyson on Punch Out on Nintendo? No
- Best Sega Genesis game? NHL 93 or 94
- Who is your go-to character in Mario Kart? Yoshi
- Did you like Tetris? Yes
- What’s your go to gaming system today? My cell phone