Pinterest Marketing: How To Grow Your Business With Pinterest
May 31, 2015
Do you have a Pinterest Marketing strategy? Is Pinterest driving increased web traffic for your website?
If you answered no to either one of those questions, you’ll want to check out this weeks podcast as discuss Pinterest Marketing strategies and how the social platform can help grow your business exponentially.
This week on the Social Media Social Hour podcast, I’m talking with Anna Bennett, Pinterest Marketing Expert and owner of White Glove Social Media based in Canada. During this episode we discuss how to break down the walls when it comes Pinterest and use it as an amazing marketing tool.
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I also share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Scoreboard Social.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
About Anna Bennett:
- Owner, White Glove Social Media
- Co-founder True North Marketing
- Power influencer
- Social media strategist
- Her story:
- 30+ years of experience in retail operations and business coaching
- Author of:
- Pinterest Marketing For Business Master Online Course
- How To Become A Pinterest Account Manager
- Founded White Glove Social Media in 2012
- Featured in Forbes Magazine, Investor’s Business Daily and several other publications
- Personal development seminar leader for Brian Tracy’s network
- Research from the Global Web Index notes that Pinterest took the lead with 57% growth in members
- Pinterest is now the second largest social media network after Facebook
- Pinterest accounts for 90% of social media shares on the web
- Pinterest accounts for nearly 25 percent of all social sharing, and according to new data from Shareaholic, traffic referrals grew 48 percent from December 2013
- According to Piqora, having performed “the first scientific and quantitative research” of 1,000 brands on average a Pin drives 2 site visits and 6 page views
- Pinterest is the 2nd largest driver of traffic from social media sites (next only to Facebook). Pinterest now drives more traffic to publishers than Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit and Google+ combined
- According to Gigya, a social customer management and tools company Pinterest surpassed Facebook for “e-commerce related sharing in Q3 2013
- Social media traffic referrals: Pinterest is the #1 slot for overall growth from Sept. 2012 – Sept.2013
- Pinterest generates more referral traffic than YouTube, Google, LinkedIn and Reddit combined
- Pinterest is more effective at driving traffic compared to other social media sites – even Facebook!
- “Pinterest marketing is something business just can’t ignore”
- “Pinners on Pinterest are there with a buyers mentality”
- “Pinterest is more of a competitor to Google; it’s a visual search engine”
- “Make sure your website is Pinterest friendly!”
- “Don’t use more than one hashtag on Pinterest. Only one branded one for your company.”
Items/people mentioned in the show:
Anna’s Social Media Six Pack:
- When you get scared or startled, do you scream really loud? I’m the loudest one in the theater!
- Do you like to sing in the shower? No, I don’t like to hear myself, I’m not a good singer.
- Do you untie your tennis shoes when you take them off? It depends on how tired I am. Sometimes I ask my husband to do it for me.
- What’s your favorite midnight snack? Nuts
- Did you ever own a Barenaked Ladies CD? Oh heck, no!
- What’s one TV show you secretly enjoy? The Vikings!
Enjoy the podcast? Give us a rating or a review on iTunes!