Let’s face it. You’re looking for some super secret Instagram tips on how you can use this emerging platform. Right?
Instagram continues to be a powerful tool for marketing your business. However, there are many people not using the tool properly, leaving a lot of opportunity on the table.
Sue B. Zimmerman, The Instagram Expert, joins me on Blab.im to give the audience some incredible tips and tricks on ways to hack Instagram for better engagement.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I also share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Scoreboard Social.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
About Sue B. Zimmerman
Sue B. is the #instagramexpert, founder of Insta-Results (the world’s first comprehensive online Instagram course) and Ready Set Gram.
She’s a popular CreativeLive instructor, powerful speaker on prominent stages like SMMW15 and highly sought after business coach. She’s passionate about teaching entrepreneurs and marketing professionals how to easily leverage the power of Instagram to get tangible business results.
As a serial entrepreneur, Sue B. has 30 years of business experience, including SueB.Do, Boxer Rebellion and Susan B. Zimmerman Enterprise. With her extensive knowledge in social media and 30+ years of business experience, it’s Sue B.’s mission to teach, mentor and empower others to be highly successful entrepreneurs.
- I always have and take good photos for my Instagram account.
- Snapchat is an amazingly creative place for daily scrapbooking.
- Instagram is still more powerful and requires greater photo quality.
- Tips, tools and strategies on how to grow your Instagram account.
- You can turn on notifications for Instagram accounts you want to follow.
- Instagram no longer allows mock geo tags.
- Use the posts as micro-blogs.
- Add relevant emojis to your captions.
- Always have a call to action.
- Tag 5 friends is something Sue uses often to engage more people.
- Likes don’t matter as much as the value given.
- Use notes (app on Phone) to craft your posts.
- Choose up to 30 hashtags relevant to your post and account.
- Create a hashtag list
- Be careful of what hashtags you use. Generic ones will trigger spam accounts
- Use a hashtag strategy that aligns with your brand.
- To be a top 9 post at the top of the hashtag hub, use the location tag to be specific to your location.
- Take note of the other photos that show up at the top. Usually they are great photos, tell a story, or have engaging content.
- Don’t use tags that have nothing to do with your brand.
- “Don’t send me an email, send me a DM on Instagram”
- You can absolutely reach people with DM’s on Instagram
- Lila Zimmerman, FreshFitandFearless
- Free Strategy Guide
- Angie’s Sisters Account
- Instagram playlist on YouTube
Sue’s Social Media Six Pack:
- Where are you spending more time these days, Periscope or Instagram? Instagram
- Once social media expert you continuously learn from? Kim Garst
- Last movie you saw in the movie theater? I don’t remember
- What is your one go-to fast food restaurant? Sweet Green, a fast salad restaurant
- How many fedoras do you own? 8
- Do you have any desire to see ‘Straight Outta Compton’? I don’t even know what that is.