Are you keeping up with Instagram’s latest updates?
Are you adapting your Instagram marketing strategy to fit their newest rules?
With all of the recent updates like the roll out of Instagram for Business, carousal ad updates, and their new logo design, it’s hard to predict what Instagram will come up with next. To ensure that you’re maximizing your efforts on Instagram, it’s best to constantly adapt your Instagram marketing strategy.
This week on the Social Media Social Hour, I am joined by Sue B. Zimmerman, The Instagram Expert, on the new rules of Instagram marketing.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I also share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Scoreboard Social.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
About Sue B. Zimmerman
Sue B. is the #instagramexpert, founder of Insta-Results (the world’s first comprehensive online Instagram course) and Ready Set Gram.
She’s a popular CreativeLive instructor, powerful speaker on prominent stages like SMMW15 and highly sought after business coach. She’s passionate about teaching entrepreneurs and marketing professionals how to easily leverage the power of Instagram to get tangible business results.
As a serial entrepreneur, Sue B. has 30 years of business experience, including SueB.Do, Boxer Rebellion and Susan B. Zimmerman Enterprise. With her extensive knowledge in social media and 30+ years of business experience, it’s Sue B.’s mission to teach, mentor and empower others to be highly successful entrepreneurs.
- How to create Instagram line breaks
- How to increase engagement by “@ mentioning” in the description
- The most popular colors and filters on Instagram
- Why to edit your photos in airplane mode
- How to organize and manage your Instagram filters
- “I think they wanted to go for something more modern looking, (regarding Instagram’s new logo.)”
- “Value for me is learning something new or getting entertainment.”
- “Every time you double tap or engage with someone’s content, Instagram’s API will think you want to see more content similar to that.”
- “Keep separate accounts for personal and business, so you’re seeing the appropriate content on each account.”
- “Instagram is a lead funnel if you set yourself up for success correctly.”
- “To not have to go to a third party app to get Instagram data is going to be a huge time-saver.”
- “Instagram is just fun and doesn’t feel like other social networks.”
- “You control what you see on Instagram, it doesn’t control you.”
- “Instagram insights will show you what you need to share more of.”
- “I get more views than I ever have likes on Instagram videos.”
- “Humanizing your brand and letting people in is so important when it comes to putting a face behind the business and brand.”
- “I challenge you to incorporate video every 10 or 12th post to see what it does.”
- “Go look at influencers you admire and go see who they follow.”
- “5-12 hashtags in the initial post is what is accepted.”
- “I’m never “crash-tagging” a hashtag just to get eyeballs on my content.”
- “I don’t think there is a right or wrong way to post with hashtags, what is right is that as soon as you post, the hashtag goes live.”
- “I manually post, engage, and do the research (on Instagram).”
- “If you want Instagram to be part of your marketing strategy, go all in for three months.”
- “Make sure you announce on your other platforms that you are now on Instagram.”
- “Take a screen shot of your Instagram on desktop with the first 9 photos, and post that to Facebook with a link.”
- “Post consistently and daily. If you post once a week, people will unfollow you.”
- “Stay top of mind in your space if you want to dominate that space.”
- “On every 12th photo, I break up my content with a quote with a white background.”
- “Use the same filter or filters consistently.”
- “My favorite tools are the brightening and saturation tools.”
- “You can look at Iconosquare to see which of your filters get the most engagement.”
- “I offer an Instagram tip on my Snapchat story every day.”
- “I have an Instagram for business playlist on YouTube that’s worth checking out.”
- “People are missing 70% of content in their Instagram feed.”
- “Everything you do on Instagram will be indexed on Instagram.”
- “Instagram is tightening the restrictions on top of their API to try and improve the experience for users.”
- “Your employees can be your brand advocates.”
- Social Media Day San Diego Tickets are NOW available!
- How Social Media Experts Make Money on Instagram
- How to Get Your First 500 Followers on Instagram
- How to Launch a New Instagram Account For Your Business
- Connect with Sue B. Zimmerman:
- Sue’s FREE Facebook Group
- FREE Insta Guide –> SueBZimmerman.com
- Lila Zimmerman, Fresh, Fit, and Fearless
- UGC curation tool, Tack –> https://foundontack.com/
- Snapchat –> suebzimmerman
- Twitter –> @
- Snapchat –> tjasnaps
- Twitter –> @
- Website –> http://tylerjanderson.com/