Need-To-Know Answers To 46 Burning Facebook Ads Questions
May 4, 2017
Are you confused by Facebook ads?
Are you running Facebook ads but want to dive deeper into what you should focus on?
If you have a question about Facebook Ads, I’ll bet we get to it in this episode. I’m asking Azriel Ratz of Ratz Pack Media the best questions sourced from our audience and the team at Casual Fridays. We dive into some beginner and lots of advanced Facebook ad strategies. Learn best practices on how to set up, test and measure your Facebook ad campaigns.
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- What you should have in place FIRST, before spending any money on Facebook Ads.
- The best way to set up Facebook Ads campaigns.
- Organizational tips for naming ad campaigns, ad sets and ads.
- Ideal budgets and audience sizes for brands new to Facebook.
- What to do with a $5/day budget and a $33/day budget.
- What should be a good target cost per lead.
- The most effective ad types and objective choices.
- What, why and how long you should you test your ads.
- Desktop vs mobile best practices.
- Should you use the same ad on Facebook and Instagram?
- How to use Facebook ads to enhance Facebook Live.
- What you should do instead of boosting posts.
- What “interests” really are vs “‘page likes.”
- The key areas to monitor to judge the success of a Facebook ad campaign.
- How to advertise for an event or an online course using Facebook Ads.
- The best way to stay on top of the changes Facebook makes.
Memorable Quotes from Azriel:
- “If you understand what your customer wants and you know who your customer is that’s 80% of the real work. The technical work of the Facebook ad is not that difficult once you understand who your customer is.”
- “I hate boosted posts!”
- “Power Editor allows me to create a lot of testing that is much easier to tweak and change in Power Editor.”
- “If you’re running a conversion campaign, the minimum is $5/day per ad set.”
- “If you only have $5/day, start with one ad set that you believe is the best targeting you can get, then try to find the best ad for them by creating 10-15 different versions of the ad in that ad set.”
- “I create 48 ads in every ad set.”
- “Every industry and every audience and every business has a different thing that works. You must be willing to test.”
- “I prefer to run images now without text because Facebook literally hates text in the ad.”
- “To build your page with a like campaign is not so good.”
- “Facebook knows better than you what will perform for your business. They want you to succeed.”
- “Target warm leads first, create look-alike audience, don’t ask them to sign up for the event, ask for an email and sell them in the email.”
- “Convince the audience you are the most amazing person in this field. Write a piece of content that is so amazing they are convinced you are the best person.”
- “The reason I like video ads is because you can serve content to a person without them having to leave Facebook.”
- “Test everything you think you know. Spend the money. Prove yourself wrong. Prove yourself right.”
Items Mentioned In The Show:
- Get tickets to Social Media Day San Diego taking place on June 30th, 2017 in San Diego, CA.
- Contact Azriel
- Contact Tyler
Enjoy the podcast? Give us a rating or a review on iTunes!