Does your product or service appeal to military families?
Are you marketing to military families through social media?
In honor of May’s Military Appreciation Month, I’m talking with Desiree Martinez, founder of All In One Social Media and member of a fourth generation military family. Learn HOW and WHY you should target military families using social media. Her number one recommendation for brands targeting military families is to make sure to sit down and talk to someone who has experience with the demographic before marketing to them. Here’s your chance!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- Why your brand should be targeting military families.
- Why military families have more expendable income than most people think and they want to spend.
- Why smartphones and Facebook are so important to them.
- What local businesses and brands can do to encourage military families to spend money with them.
- Why military spouses are in charge of most every major household buying decision.
- The top three social networks to capture the military demographic.
- How to talk to military families in your marketing copy and advertising images.
- Why tailoring and targeting your branding message is appreciated and what to offer for results.
- How to target the military demographic on Facebook and Instagram.
Memorable Quotes from Desiree:
- “The best thing that people can do to honor military people is simply thanking them for their service.”
- “Currently there are 1.9 active military and their spouses. That’s 1.9 million people that have the capacity for spending. We have money.”
- “You’re not going to find a military spouse who has a husband or wife deployed who does not have their phone within arms reach of them 24 hours a day.”
- “I don’t know of a single military base that doesn’t have a Facebook Group for that base.”
- “Top three reasons they use Facebook is staying in touch with family and friends, staying in touch with spouse and connecting with their local military community.”
- “There are some big things you can do wrong that will make you completely lose credibility with this demographic.”
Items Mentioned On the Show:
- Get tickets to SMDAYSD
- Military White Paper
- Contact Tyler
Enjoy the podcast? Give us a rating or a review on iTunes!