Lead Generation: How To Turn Clicks Into Customers
August 9, 2017
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS
Would you like to get more lead generation from your social media efforts?
Would you love to save large amounts of time with automation techniques that turn clicks into customers?
Listen to how Billy Shaw, owner of Billy Gene Is Marketing, is able to turn clicks into customers through advertising, capturing, selling, and an effective use of automation. Get more lead generation from your social media efforts and save large amounts of time with automation techniques that turn clicks into customers.
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- How Billy Gene is Marketing is able to engage and entertain customers through a plethora of platforms from YouTube pre-roll ads to Facebook Live to billboards on the I-163 and I-15.
- Why it is important to educate people on the swiftly-changing marketing and entrepreneurial world.
- Why Billy Gene is Marketing spends $200,000 a month on advertising themselves.
- How to turn clicks into customers.
- How Shaw went from working at a call center to owning a rapidly growing and successful advertising agency.
- How little information people really know regarding customer acquisition using social media advertising and the lack of educational resources for it.
- Why it is critical to be specific and tailor one’s advertising to each niche.
- What role stereotyping plays in advertising.
- How to serve a slice of “humble pie.”
- Why acquiring phone numbers is huge.
Memorable quotes from Billy Gene:
- “No one knows how to actually reach their customers”
- “People are taking the slow lane [with advertising] when there’s this giant opportunity right now with paid ads to just bypass all the B.S.”
- “The biggest mistake I think brands are honestly making is…trying anything organic. It’s a huge mistake. It’s slow.”
- “If I’m spending one dollar, how can I bring back in two?”
- “If every entrepreneur and marketer had to get one tattoo it would be two words: be specific”
- “The social platforms will punish you if your ads are not relevant by making you pay more for your ads”
- “The best thing that you can do ever in your life right now is…to stereotype the heck out of everybody”
- “People want to see themselves”
- “Segment the heck out of those [testimonials]”
- “Take control of the customer…serve [them] a slice of humble pie”
- “Everyone has a different pain but the same issue is what we’re talking about which is time”
- “Treat others how you want to be treated”
- “Advertise. Capture. Sell. The end.”
- “I advertise as if I won’t be able to do it tomorrow”
- “[No advertising] in the world is more profitable…than YouTube pre-roll”
- “If you client doesn’t win, you don’t win”
- “If you’re boring you will lose…entertaining is a requirement.”
- “Automation is how you win and create your own time”
- “The more people you ask to buy your stuff, the more sales you’ll make”
Items mentioned in the show:
- Tack – UGC Curation Tool
- Billy Gene Is Marketing
- Connect with Billy Gene Shaw
- Contact Tyler
- LinkedIn –> linkedin.com/in/tylerjanderson
- Instagram –> instagram.com/tylerjanderson
- Twitter –> @tylerjanderson