Is Instagram marketing on the radar for your brand’s social media strategy?
Are you curious how top brands are using Instagram as part of their social media marketing strategy?
This week on the Social Media Social Hour, I’m joined by Bryan Srabian of the San Francisco Giants to talk about how the San Francisco Giants have the most engaged fan base in Major League Baseball and what they are doing on Instagram that is fueling that engagement. Bryan is approaching his fourth year as Social Media Director for the Giants, and they have been recognized as social media standouts in the sports world.
I also share with you my favorite tool to help schedule and post to Twitter and LinkedIn in this weeks Tech Tool of the Week.
About this show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media marketing fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech, and online marketing. Each week I also share tools that I personally use in the day-to-day operations as CEO of Casual Fridays and co-founder of Scoreboard Social. If you’re curious to learn more about me or why I started the Social Media Social Hour, you’ll want to check this video out.
In this episode, here’s what we’ll cover:
- Tech Tool of The Week: Buffer is my scheduling app of choice and part of my 1-2 punch with Feedly
- Bryan shares with us the story of how he landed the dream job of Social Media Director for a professional sports team
- Bryan elaborates on his social media “Aha!” moment for the San Francisco Giants that was recently featured in Social Media Examiner
- Social media has now made it easier than ever for fans to connect and engage with their favorite teams and players
- What the social media management landscape looks like for the San Francisco Giants
- How the San Francisco Giants identified the potential for Instagram and added it to their social media arsenal
- Pictures for Instagram can be beyond the photos you take directly from your smartphone, the Giants leverage both created graphics and professionally created video
- The workflow that the San Francisco Giants use to take photos and get them posted to Instagram
- The apps that the San Francisco Giants use to add special effects to their Instagram photos
- How the Giants have leveraged Instagram to run and execute contests with their fans
- Bryan shares with us his three tips for Instagram marketing
Bryan Sabrian’s Social Media Six Pack (six questions where I ask Bryan to provide one simple answer):
- Q) Favorite Twitter app to manage Twitter? A) Tweetbot
- Q) Are the Giants on Snapchat? A) No
- Q) What’s the last Facebook Page you personally ‘liked’? A) Food & Allergy Awareness
- Q) What social media monitoring tool do you prefer? TweetDeck and Adobe Social
- Q) Excluding the San Francisco Giants, who’s one of the more interesting athletes you enjoy following Twitter? Kobe Bryant
- Q) Will the Giants be using any #Kapernicking hashtags in the near future? Maybe
Items mentioned in this episode:
- Follow Bryan on Twitter
- San Francisco Giants on Facebook
- San Francisco Giants on Twitter
- San Francisco Giants on Instagram
- San Francisco Giants on Google+
- Adobe Social
- Kobe Bryant on Twitter
- Dynamic Lite
- Color Splash