Insider Tips and Tricks To Influencer Marketing
December 21, 2016
Have you tried leveraging influencer marketing for your business?
Are you looking for ways to get the most out of your influencer relationships?
Influencer marketing is a great way to extend your reach to a highly engaged audience through trusted influencers. Since people trust recommendations 95% more than branded content, (even if the recommendations come from someone they don’t know), it’s worth exploring for your brand.
This week on the Social Media Social Hour, I discuss insider tips and tricks to influencer marketing featuring Josh Hager .
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
About Josh Hager:
Josh is a baker, blogger, community manager, and influencer.
He has worked as an influencer and content creator with brands in the food, beverage, and travel space including: Néstle, Disney, Williams-Sonoma, Jameson, CNBC, and more.
Mentionable Quotes by Josh Hager:
- “Your influencer already has a relationship with their audience.”
- “95% of people trust recommendations from others over branded content, even if they don’t know them personally.”
- “You get to tap into the trust influencers have with their audience.”
- “The hashtag “#ad” is not the law, but disclosure is.”
- “Use locations or hashtags to find influencers.”
- “Make a list of the 10 most influential people you know personally.”
- “Finding people organically and building that relationship is the way to go.”
- “Look for influencers within your current customers.”
- “I would hire an agency to find influencers before using a database.”
- “If an influencer has their email listed, it’s ok to reach out to them that way.”
- “It’s lazy to not introduce yourself on social first.”
- “Provide your influencers clear guidelines, but provide them with as much creative freedom as possible.”
- “Don’t over ask of your influencers.”
Mentionable Quotes by Tyler Anderson:
- “Influencer marketing content is more believable.”
- “Only 30% of people trust advertising from brands.”
- “Everyone is an influencer.”
Items/people mentioned in the show:
Josh Hager’s Social Media Six Pack:
- Favorite dessert to eat? Cheesecake
- Favorite dessert to bake? Pies
- Cupcakes or donuts? Donuts
- Go-to candy bar? Crunch
- One dessert you find disgusting? Nothing comes to mind
- Fruit or cream filling? Cream