Influencer Marketing on Snapchat With Nick Cicero
October 30, 2015
Are you a brand looking to add Snapchat into your marketing mix?
Have you heard about influencer marketing campaigns, but don’t know where to start?
Snapchat isn’t just for teenagers anymore! As one of the fastest growing social platforms, with more than 75% of it’s audience over the age of 18, Snapchat has become a hot and effective way to increase engagement and share your brand’s message.
This week on the Social Media Social Hour, I am joined by Nick Cicero, Founder and CEO of Delmondo, on influencer marketing on Snapchat.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I also share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Scoreboard Social.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
About Nick Cicero:
Nick is the Founder of influencer marketing agency Delmondo.
A leader in building digital content initiatives with a proven ability to set vision, strategy, and execute, Nick has worked on numerous innovative projects for some of the world’s largest brands and publishers like Sony PlayStation, Universal Music Group, Sports Illustrated, Conde Nast, Univision and Clear Channel.
With experience building and implementing new enterprise social publishing and analytics tools with Livefyre, Expion, and Percolate, he put the first Instagram Video on TV for Oprah and built an innovative social content hub experience for the PlayStation 4 launch in North America, among other projects.
Nick received his Master’s from the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University.
- “Snapchat is like a burrito; you can put anything you want in it and you can take it anywhere with you.”
- “Snapchat is something that you can’t fake.”
- “Snapchat is a communication tool, not a social network.”
- “Over 75% of Snapchat’s active daily users are 18+.”
- “I’m not snapping everyday, but when I do, I try and make it funny and unique.”
- “(Influencer marketing on) Snapchat is not just about shoutouts.”
- “Do not use third party apps, (to upload to Snapchat). You’ll probably get kicked off.”
- 4 Reasons You Want to be on Snapchat:
- It’s one to one
- It’s one to many
- It’s intent driven
- It’s multifaceted
- Snapchat Metrics to Consider:
- Completion rate
- Screen shots
- Time viewed
- Tips for Growing a Snapchat Channel:
- Be an observer
- Spend (a lot) of time on the platform
- Follow and add people; use as a personal user
- Use video
- Look into existing partnerships
- Put your snapcode everywhere
- Post consistent and great content
Items/people mentioned in the show:
Nick’s Social Media Six Pack:
- Deep dish or thin crust? Thin crust
- If you had to be stuck with anyone in an elevator for 24 hours, who would it be? Miles Davis
- Where is one place in the U.S. you have not been, but would like to visit? Rocky Mountains
- On average, how many times do you check social media a day? More times than I’m willing to count
- Favorite candy bar? PayDay
- One person in social media our audience should go and follow right now? Jesse Redniss, Co-Founder of BraVe Ventures