Does your business have hundreds or even thousands of locations?
Do you struggle with creating compelling content or building a team to support those locations?
Today on the podcast, I’m joined by Tim Fullerton of WeWork, and we dive into how WeWork has succeeded in building a global social media team. We also dig into some of the strategies and tactics WeWork is using when it comes to gathering content, publishing, and community management for all those locations. Tim also reveals their perspective on hot topics such as IG-TV, organic versus paid social, plus much more.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Casual Fridays Podcast is a show for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk about digital marketing, social media, influencer marketing, and more. The Casual Fridays Podcast is sponsored by Tack – a tool that helps brands and businesses find and acquire digital rights to user-generated content (UGC).
In this episode, here’s what you’ll discover about building a global social media team:
- Tim’s decorated background which included working for the State of New York, U.S. Department of the Interior, and Obama for America in 2008.
- Why Tim went from a career in Government to working for WeWork.
- How WeWork grew to over 300 buildings, operating in dozens of countries worldwide, with over 300,000 members.
- WeWork’s approach and strategy to managing social media.
- The structure and makeup of WeWork’s social media team.
- How WeWork decides when it’s the right time to expand their team.
- WeWork’s storytelling strategy with formats like Instagram Stories.
- How WeWork built a global network of content creators by tapping into their members.
- WeWork’s “Friday Accomplishment Series” strategy.
- The importance WeWork puts on responding to every comment on every channel.
- WeWork’s strategy in leveraging user-generated content (UGC).
- The platforms WeWork is leveraging and why Instagram is their primary driver.
- The incredible businesses created at WeWork buildings around the world and how social media plays a part in telling their stories.
- WeWork’s stance on video, blogging, and live video, and short form content.
Quotes from Tim Fullerton about building a global social media team:
- “We are putting people around the world so they can take the content we create here at headquarters, but put that local spin on it.”
- “Our international staff works in the building, making it super easy for them to film or capture that content for us.”
- “We love to highlight those member stories. To actually show people what is happening and being created inside a WeWork building.”
- “We just haven’t seen the audience on IG-TV yet.”
Items mentioned in the show:
- Tack – UGC Curation Tool
- Social Media Strategies Summitt
- Follow Tim on Twitter –> @timfullerton
- Contact Tyler