How To Use Pinterest To Grow Your Social Media Presence
July 30, 2015
Are you using Pinterest as part of your overall social media strategy?
Are you curious on how to use Pinterest to grow your social media presence on sites like Facebook and YouTube?
90% of the businesses out there can use Pinterest to grow other social media platforms like Facebook and YouTube as well as their business. Our guest today, Natalie Jill, has practiced what she preaches to the tune of growing her fitness business to over seven figures!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I also share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Scoreboard Social.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
About Natalie Jill:
Natalie lost her house, retirement, marriage and gained a lot of weight. She turned it all around, got her life back and became and inspiration to others.
Now, she uses her story and experiences to help people achieve their life goals through mindset, drive, fitness and nutrition. Natalie specializes in healthy lifestyles, weight loss, functional body weight training and gluten free nutrition. She coaches, motivates and empowers others to turn their excuses into solutions and become their best possible selves.
She now also helps others define their brand and build and monetize in the online space.
- She hit rock bottom and lost everything at one time. Natalie gained it all back and more by making her own luck.
- Natalie Jill Fitness was sort of started by accident! Read HOW it came about HERE
- She went from flying high in a successful 14+ year corporate career, to hitting rock bottom, and starting over in many aspects of my life.
- Her Pinfinity Course helps you learn how to use Pinterest to grow your brand, your business, and ALL your social media accounts.
- Natalie actually has an auto immune disease called Celiac Sprue where the body can’t process Gluten, so she’s been gluten free for 15+ years now.
- She did not do any fitness modeling until the age of 39!
- I gained over 50 lbs while pregnant (I am 60 lbs lighter than my pregnancy weight now).
- I now maintain and have abs all of the time and I believe ANYONE can have abs and maintain them without strict crazy starvation diets or endless crunches.
- “Be Happy…Be Healthy…Be FIT!”
- Natalie Jill’s social media profiles have
- Over 1 million Facebook likes
- Over 500,000 Instagram followers
- 95,000 YouTube subscribers
- 48,000 Pinterest followers
- 15,000 Twitter followers
- “If you can offer a solution to a shared problem, that is everything”
- Pinterest is popping!
- Did you know Pinterest is the second biggest source of traffic behind Facebook?
- “Sharing free content drives people to become fans of you, build trust and then they want more”
- In regards to selling fitness DVD’s, Natalie Jill says, “Be smart: listen to your audience, give them what they want”
- “Every piece of content is repurposed on multiple platforms. Pinterest links all of them together and out to all of them as well.”
- How does Natalie Jill use Pinterest to drive traffic to every other platform?
- Pinterest content uses value over time. A post loses it’s value as time goes on.
- One example:
- Take a screenshot of a Facebook video, post to Pinterest with SEO and proper keywords, then link to Facebook.
- With YouTube videos, posts to Pinterest and will use it on Instagram to link back to YouTube video.
- Direct pins where you need people to go.
- Pinterest is an amazing connector, and very powerful for any business.
Items/people mentioned in the show:
Natalie Jill’s Social Media Six Pack:
- Last movie you saw in a theater? Magic Mike XXL
- Free weights or machines? Body weight
- Most pushups consecutively? I bet I can do 100
- Go-to sweet? Ice cream, the real deal, no sugar free or fat free
- One place to visit you’ve never been? Australia
- Taebo or P90x? P90x