Are you curious how to set up a chatbot?
Are you looking for inspiration and examples of brands that are crushing it when it comes to chatbot campaigns?
In the past year, chatbots on platforms like Facebook Messenger have exploded. With messenger platforms seeing substantial growth, the implementation of chatbots is only going to rise.
This week on the podcast, Natasha Takahashi joins me, and we discuss what chatbots are, what businesses need to know to set up a chatbot, and what brands are crushing it with the use of chatbots.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk about digital marketing, social media, influencer marketing, and more. The Social Media Social Hour is sponsored by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here’s what you’ll discover on how to set up a chatbot:
- Facebook privacy concerns and the bot-ban and what that means for businesses now.
- How the new privacy concerns are a good thing for bot creators and marketers.
- What a chatbot is and Natasha’s definition of them.
- How chatbots tie into the shift of one-to-one conversations we see across social media.
- The number one messenger platform in which people are using chatbots.
- How brands can set-up chatbots directly in Facebook Messenger.
- What 3rd party tools people can use to help manage Facebook Messenger chatbots.
- The benefit of using a 3rd party tool to help create and manage a chatbot.
- The type of templates that are available for users creating a new chatbot in 3rd party tools.
- Investment levels brands can expect to pay on a 3rd party chatbot tool.
- The big difference between Chatfuel and ManyChat.
- The similarity of a chatbot and email marketing.
- The benefit of using a chatbot over email marketing.
- The type of data businesses can collect through chatbots.
- Why Natasha believes Instagram will be one of the most dominant platforms for bots in the future.
- How Marriott Rewards does a great job with personalization in their bot.
- What brands are crushing it when it comes to chatbots.
Quotes from Natasha about how to set up a chatbot:
- “The roles and responsibilities that are established in other industries just aren’t established in the bot world.”
- “The bot pause was genuinely good for bot builders and the community. It was bad for those not using Facebook Messenger for good.”
- “Chatbots win because, with email, there is less interaction between the brand and the user.”
Items mentioned in the show:
- Episode 109: Interview with Mikael Yang of ManyChat
- Tack – UGC Curation Tool
- Jolt.ai – see their bot here
- MarriottRewards – see their bot here
- Hipmunk – see their bot here
- Spotify – see their bot here
- Wingstop – see their bot here
- Hubspot – see their bot here
- Flow from Progressive – see their bot here
- Join the School of Bots Community
- Contact Natasha
- Contact Tyler