Do you know what Medium is?
Do you have an account? Find out why you may want to consider this emerging platform and how to market your business with Medium.
One of the top writers on Medium and owner of Arctiphi, Dakota Shane joins me and opens up about what he is doing on this platform to drive his business. This emerging yet proven platform of over 60 million active monthly users gives the ability to create articles and be found within the network to increase traffic and notoriety to your brand or business. Find out how you can take advantage of this platform to increase traffic to your website or blog and the best practices for gaining attention within the network.
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- How to get people to find you on Medium and off.
- Which special features should you utilize within the platform?
- What is so special about the “referrers tab?”
- Best ways to get more readers to your Medium blog.
- What to include in your article to get results.
- Best practices for graphics.
- How long should your article be? A special trick to make it easy.
Memorable Quotes from Dakota:
- “I toyed around with the blogosphere but didn’t want to wait 10 years to get 10 users. It’s very saturated.”
- “I like to think of it as a YouTube for written content.”
- “It’s a great place to find your voice when it comes to personal branding and then use that as leverage to build it up, get more readers and users and if you provide value in your articles the clients will come.”
- “You start a blog and use Medium as a pollinator. Medium gives you that built-in audience.”
- “Make it skim-able. Great headline. Great image. Bullet points.”
- “If you were to publish today independently, chances are you’ll get 30-100 people viewing your article. If you want to get results, what I recommend is you have to get on a publication to see a lot of reach.”
- “Headlines are crucial. Copy writing is something that is crucial.”
- “Success on using Medium is building out your email list with a call to action.”
Items Mentioned In The Show:
- #StayCasual – official hashtag of Casual Fridays & The Social Media Social Hour Podcast
- Connect with Dakota Shane
- Dakota’s free cheat sheet: The 7 Mindset Shifts Needed For Successful Social Media Marketing
- toppubxyz.com – leaderboard in realtime of 200-300 medium publications
- Len Smith Copywriting Udemy Course
- pexels.com – free stock photography website
- unsplash.com – free stock photography website
- Contact Tyler
- Enjoy the podcast? Give us a rating or a review on iTunes!