How To Implement A Strategic Content Marketing Plan
May 18, 2018
Would you say you’re applying a strategic content marketing plan for your business?
Do you struggle to create traffic-driving, high-quality content?
This week on the podcast, I’m joined by Tyler Hakes, Strategy Director and Principal at Optimist, and his nearly ten years of experience helping start-ups, agencies and corporate clients with their strategic content marketing and search engine optimization. During the show, Tyler explains to us the importance of developing a robust strategy and establishing purpose when creating lead-generating content. In this episode, we’ll deep-dive into strategic content marketing, the importance of tailoring your content to your target channels, and the ever-changing world of SEO.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk digital marketing, social media, influencer marketing, and more. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover about strategic content marketing:
- What content marketing is and how it relates to digital marketing and SEO.
- Why it’s highly beneficial to dig into the core value propositions of a product.
- What a cold email is and why it is becoming increasingly popular as an initial touchpoint
- Why it is essential to start with a goal in mind when creating content.
- Why content tailored to your target channel is best.
- How SEO has evolved and is impacted by content marketing.
- How content marketers can benefit from engaging in competitive analyses.
Quotes from Tyler about strategic content marketing:
- “For every piece of content we create, we start with a goal.”
- “Organic is great…but it’s only one channel.”
- “My mindset with SEO is always content-first.”
- “Google wants to reward the sites that have the best content, and not the sites that play SEO the best.”
- “Use content as a way to talk about these specific topics that you want to rank for.”
- “[SEO is about] creating great content and showing it to the right people.”
- “Understand the personas that you’re trying to reach.”
- “Create great content, show it to the right people.”
Items mentioned in the show:
- Tack – UGC Curation Tool
- Contact Tyler Hakes
- Contact Tyler