Would you like to grow your email list?
Are you capturing emails where and when you should be?
Dustin Stout and I discuss the pros and cons of various email platforms and how to streamline the process of gathering emails. He gives us tips and tricks to produce the most effective lead magnets and how to come up with ideas on what to create that will interest your target audience. I learned some interesting things about what kinds of lead magnets are working right now and how we can serve our audience and keep them interested in our brand and products.
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- Which email platform may work best for your business and why.
- How to drive subscribers to your list.
- How your website gives you the clues you need to create your best opt-ins.
- Ideas to get you started brainstorming on the best lead magnets for your business.
- What are post lead magnets? What can they do for your business?
- How to use content upgrades and contextual calls to action.
- Tips to succeed with building an email list.
- What to do with a stagnant email list.
Memorable Quotes from Dustin:
- “Ask yourself, ‘Where are these people finding me? What reason are they finding me for?’ You can almost always come up with a better, more in-depth solution for them.”
- “Don’t feel like you need to create the one magic thing that people will come to your site for and everybody will want.”
- “I’m just saying, ‘if you like this, get on my email list and I’ll tell you when I add to this.’”
- “Stop assuming people are going to see your opt-in on your sidebar. Get rid of the free updates thing.”
- “Find your top performing content and get a content upgrade on those pages or posts.”
- “Make it easier, make it quicker, make a checklist, make a pdf version of a blog post.”
- “Stop NOT emailing these people!”
Items Mentioned In The Show:
- Get tickets to Social Media Day San Diego taking place on June 30th, 2017 in San Diego, CA.
- Contact Dustin
- Contact Tyler
Enjoy the podcast? Give us a rating or a review on iTunes!