How To Grow A Podcast Audience With Social Media
November 16, 2016
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS
Have you considered launching a podcast?
Have you thought about ways you could grow your podcast through social media?
23% of the people in the United States listen to podcasts. As that percentage continues to rise, now is a better time than ever to start a podcast for your business.
This week on the Social Media Social Hour, we discuss how to grow a podcast audience with social media featuring Tina Muir.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
About Tina Muir:
Tina is a Saucony sponsored, professional runner. She is the community manager for Runner’s Connect and the host of the podcast, Run to the Top.
Her passion for running and healthy living shine through, making tinamuir.com a crowd favorite among the many running blogs available.
Mentionable Quotes by Tina Muir:
- “A professional runner is someone who has competed in the Olympic trials.”
- “If you pick a topic that you’re passionate about, your enthusiasm will show through.”
- “My biggest turn around was finding the people my guests could relate to.”
- “We have had the most success with Facebook. The way you word things is very important.”
- “We have detailed show notes and click-to-tweet set up.”
- “The podcast has grown 250% since I’ve taken over.”
Mentionable Quotes by Tyler Anderson:
- “If you launch a podcast on iTunes, you’ll be featured under “New and Noteworthy” for the first eight weeks.”
- “The average podcast that has been live for 30 days, receives less than 200 total downloads per episode.”
- “If a podcast averages over 3,400 downloads per episode, they are in the top 10% of podcasts. If a podcast averages over 10,000 downloads per episode, they are in the top 5% of podcasts.If a podcast averages over 50,000 downloads per episode, they are in the top 1% of podcasts.”
- “Podcast listening has grown 23% between 2015 to 2016.”
Items/people mentioned in the show:
- Runner’s Connect
- Run to the Top Podcast
- AskPat Podcast
- Contact Tina Muir:
- Twitter –> @tinamuir
- Facebook –>https://www.facebook.com/fuelyourfuturewithtina/
- Website –> http://tinamuir.com/
- Contact Tyler:
- Snapchat –> tjasnaps
- Twitter –> @tylerjanderson
Tina Muir‘s Social Media Six Pack:
- Do you run to music? No
- How many miles do you run a week? 100 miles per week
- Have you ever run the Boston marathon? No, but I may next April
- Have you ever tripped while running a marathon? No
- Which do you enjoy more, running in the morning or evening? Morning
- What is the most important piece of advice for any runner? Believe in yourself no matter what level you are or how fast you can go.