Do you think your business does a good job of finding customers through social media?
Would you like to know how to generate leads through social media?
Today on the podcast, I give you some of the best strategies and tactics businesses are using today to generate leads through social media. Not only will I give you three common mistakes marketers are making. But I’ll also give you seven strategies you can implement today to generate leads through social media.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Casual Fridays Podcast is a show for marketers and businesses looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and leading experts to talk about digital marketing, social media marketing, influencer marketing, and more. The Casual Fridays Podcast is sponsored by Tack – a tool that helps brands and businesses find and acquire digital rights to user-generated content (UGC).
In this episode, here’s what you’ll discover about how to generate leads through social media:
- Tyler’s story on how he first got started in sales and how he had to find leads back then
- The definition of a lead and how it’s evolved with social media
- Why cold-calling doesn’t work
- Three common lead generation through social media mistakes businesses are making
- The importance of having a strategy and funnel in place
- Seven strategies you can use to generate leads through social media
- How gated content works, provided you’re providing something of value
- How one brand uses Instagram Stories to drive leads and gets detailed information like sex, height, and weight during the process
- Why contests and promotions can be effective to generate leads, so long as the prize is relevant to your buying audience
- How brands are using social media ads to drive leads
- Examples of how brands are using influencer marketing and micro-influencer marketing for lead generation
Quotes from Tyler on how to generate leads through social media:
- “When you’re cold-calling people out of the blue, those leads are weak. You’re interruption those people during the middle of their day. “
- “It’s not a lead unless they have a genuine interest in what you’re selling and have provided contact information to you so you can follow up with them.”
- “Leads through social media should have a very viable interest in what you’re trying to sell.”
- “If someone is going to invest 30 minutes to watch a video you created, not only are they a lead, they’re ready to buy.”
- “When running contests or promotions to generate leads, the prize has to be relevant to your buying audience. An eye doctor giving away a iPod, that’s not going to work.”
- “The number one driver of leads generated through social media is going to be fueled by paid social ads. You have to leverage them – be it on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or Twitter.”
- “Lead ads make it seamless; the user doesn’t even have to input their information. Facebook pre-populates the data they have.”
Items mentioned in the show:
- Tack – UGC Curation Tool
- Social Media Strategies Summitt
- Casual Fridays Podcasts about Chatbots
- Brands mentioned in the show:
- Contact Tyler