How To Engage Millennials With LinkedIn Video Marketing
January 4, 2019
Have you ever heard the term LinkedIn video marketing?
Are you interested in reaching and connecting with more millennials?
If you’re like most businesses, you probably assume that Millennials are nowhere on LinkedIn. You feel this generation is spending all their time on Instagram and Snapchat, right? What if I told you that LinkedIn has finally caught up with platforms like Facebook and Instagram with some of their features (yes, they’ve even started to support the vertical video format), and for businesses that get in early with LinkedIn video marketing, there is a massive opportunity at their fingertips.
Today on the podcast, I’m joined by a millennial LinkedIn trainer, Michaela Alexis, and we dive into all things LinkedIn video marketing. Michaela and I dig into why LinkedIn has made significant changes over the past year to focus on video, what brands should know when it comes to creating videos for LinkedIn, how brands can be fun on LinkedIn, and much more.
Let’s do this.
About the show:
The Casual Fridays Podcast is a show for marketers and businesses looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and leading experts to talk about digital marketing, social media marketing, influencer marketing, and more. The Casual Fridays Podcast is sponsored by Tack – a tool that helps brands and businesses find and acquire digital rights to user-generated content (UGC).
About Michaela Alexis:
- Millennial LinkedIn Trainer
- Keynote Speaker & Author
- Built a following over 125,000 on LinkedIn
In this episode, here’s what you’ll discover about LinkedIn Video Marketing:
- How Microsoft’s acquisition of LinkedIn sparked innovation.
- Why LinkedIn has made major changes over the past year to focus on video.
- What brands should know when it comes to creating videos for LinkedIn.
- How brands can be fun on LinkedIn.
- The kind of video you should create for your business to share on LinkedIn.
- The optimal length for videos on LinkedIn.
- Michaela’s tips for creating videos on LinkedIn.
- What LinkedIn constitutes as a ‘view.’
- How to use LinkedIn’s view analytics to learn more about your target demographic.
- How both B2B and B2C companies are utilizing LinkedIn.
- The type of content that is driving engagement and reach for LinkedIn users.
- The importance of creating a video specifically for your LinkedIn audience.
- How to use comments from your articles to inspire you for videos to create.
- The top mistakes people are making with LinkedIn videos.
Quotes from Michaela about LinkedIn Video Marketing:
- “LinkedIn is the cardigan of social platforms.”
- “The biggest misconception with LinkedIn is that you have to be on, you have to be super professional. That’s really not the case.”
- “When it comes to LinkedIn, there is no line in the sand on what you can talk about.”
- “The sweet spot for most videos is 2-3 minutes, however, if it’s a training video, obviously you’re going to go beyond that, maybe as much as 10 minutes.”
- “When it comes to LinkedIn, people are not consuming the content in bed. So be respectful of peoples time.”
- “What you think might be your target demographic, might not be the case, and you may find a better target market with LinkedIn’s view analytics.”
- “People go to LinkedIn to learn, grow, and connect.”
- “Only 3% of LinkedIn users are actively producing videos, this is a massive opportunity.”
Items mentioned in the show:
- Tack – UGC Curation Tool
- Me-L Rode Microphone
- Samson Go Mic Mobile Professional Lavalier Wireless System for Mobile Video
- BIGVU Teleprompter App
- Contact Michaela Alexis
- Contact Tyler