Are you effectively using LinkedIn to discover leads and market your business?
Have you tried LinkedIn Ads?
Odds are you haven’t because you’re not sure where to start. Don’t worry; you’re not alone. Many businesses do not know how to create LinkedIn ads.
If you’re looking for new ways to target relevant audiences, grow leads and expand your digital sales presence, then you’ll want to check out this week’s podcast as we dive into all things LinkedIn Ads.
This week I’m joined by AJ Wilcox, the founder of B2Linked, and we talk about how to get started using LinkedIn ads, what you can expect to spend, what mistakes to avoid, and “ad hacks” along the way.
About the show:
The Casual Fridays Podcast is a show for marketers and businesses looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and leading experts to talk about digital marketing, social media marketing, influencer marketing, and more. The Casual Fridays Podcast is sponsored by Tack – a tool that helps brands and businesses acquire and manage digital rights to user-generated content (UGC).
About AJ Wilcox:
- AJ Wilcox is the founder of the LinkedIn advertising agency, B2 link
- LinkedIn Marketing Partner
Key Quotes from AJ on How To Create LinkedIn Ads:
- “LinkedIn is the easiest network to go viral on.”
- “(LinkedIn) has the best targeting for B2B currently available.”
- “On the B2B side, LinkedIn wins (against) Facebook by a longshot.”
- “Only 4-6% of people share where they work on their Facebook profile.”
- “(LinkedIn) has a feature that no one else has … You can take a list of up to 300k companies … and only show ads to those businesses.”
- “In an ad (on LinkedIn) I want to see: why you should pay attention (benefit), a call to action, and the title or name of the asset.”
- “We recommend creating evergreen campaigns that represent segments of your audiences.”
- “It can take most people a month to login to LinkedIn once or twice, so I run my ads from 27-30 days to make sure it doesn’t tire out.”
- “Spend at whatever rate you’re comfortable spending at.”
- “It takes about $3-5k in spend to reach statistical significance.”
Key Takeaways on How To Create LinkedIn Ads:
- 4:01 Utilizing LinkedIn’s business card function
- 5:16 Why LinkedIn is so powerful in the digital space
- 6:36 Opportunities with LinkedIn ads
- 7:50 Functionalities with LinkedIn ads
- 8:10 Available formats for LinkedIn ads and how they should be leveraged
- 10:02 Getting started with building LinkedIn ads
- 10:54 Building LinkedIn ad accounts with multiple businesses
- 11:35 Best practices for using sponsored content ads on LinkedIn
- 13:01 Increasing click-through rate with personal business page ads on LinkedIn
- 13:50 Logistics of building a personal business page on LinkedIn
- 14:20 Deep dive into LinkedIn ads targeting
- 15:50 Unique company targeting features only on LinkedIn
- 17:26 Cost of advertising on LinkedIn
- 19:15 Behind the scenes of video ads on LinkedIn
- 19:51 Top tips for creating an ad on LinkedIn
- 21:58 Leveraging video ads on LinkedIn
- 22:56 Biggest mistakes you can make when running ads on LInkedIn
- 26:36 Recommended budgets for small businesses using LinkedIn ads
- 27:51 Ad “hacks” on LinkedIn
Items mentioned in the show:
- LINKEDIN ADS STARTUP CHECKLIST
- Contact AJ
- Contact Tyler
Enjoy the podcast?
- Please take 10 seconds of your time and give the show a rating or write a review on iTunes.
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Subscribe on Google Play
- Subscribe on Spotify
- Subscribe on Stitcher