Would you like to learn how to connect with Generation Z?
Is your customer base between the ages of six and twenty-two?
Weather Generation Z is part of your target demographic or not, the reality is someday they will be. This generation is the first generation that has grown up with modern technology and the rules to market them are different.
This week on the podcast, Madison Bergman joins me, and we discuss what brands need to know to connect with Generation Z.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk about digital marketing, social media, influencer marketing, and more. The Social Media Social Hour is sponsored by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here’s what you’ll discover on how to connect with Generation Z:
- Madison dives into her story about how she became involved with Conor Blakley’s company, YouthLogic.
- Madison’s perspective on Generation Z and their perception of a college education.
- The definition of Generation Z.
- The difference between Generation Z, Millennials, and Generation X.
- How technology has impacted methods in which marketers need to connect with Generation Z.
- Madison goes into some examples about how she helped the National Football League make television more appealing to Generation Z.
- How HQ Trivia is a hit with Generation Z.
- Madison’s perspective on where she believes brands are failing when connecting with Generation Z.
- How Generation Z percieves blatant advertisements.
- The best platforms and content formats to reach Generation Z.
- The biggest mistake brands are making with Influencer Marketing.
- Madison’s opinion of brands that are doing a great job marketing to Generation Z.
- The importance of giving back and social impact to Generation Z.
Quotes from Madison about how to connect with Generation Z:
- “One of the biggest mistakes brands make is trying to relate to Generation Z by using old memes or things that are no longer trending.”
- “Brands just come off as un-authentic and trying too hard.”
- “We have never known a world where we can’t text a friend, FaceTime and order a pizza all at the same time.”
- “Facebook is the one social network all Generation Z’ers have, but nobody uses.”
Items mentioned in the show:
- Social Media Day San Diego 2018 – Get Your Tickets 🎟
- Episode 135: Interview with Connor Blakley
- Patagonia’s Instagram
- Tack – UGC Curation Tool
- Contact Madison
- Contact Tyler