How To Build Brand Authority With Podcasting
October 5, 2017
Have you ever thought about starting a podcast?
Are you looking for other ways to create content to demonstrate thought leadership and build brand authority?
This week on the podcast, I dive into how to build brand authority with podcasting. Yes, podcasting. In this episode you’ll learn my personal podcasting journey and how my podcast has helped grow Casual Fridays, why you should start a podcast, my podcasting schedule and workflow, and much more.
Let’s do this…
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- Why you should start a podcast.
- Podcast statistics from a 2016 study by Edison Research and Triton Digital.
- My personal podcast journey and how I’ve built authority for my brand with my podcast.
- What you should podcast about.
- What type of podcast you should create.
- The ideal length of a podcast.
- A tried and tested podcasting schedule and workflow.
- The equipment and software needed to start a podcast.
- Steps you can take to grow a podcast audience.
- “There are over 57 million people 12+ listening to podcasts in the United States.”
- “40% of podcast listeners will consumer 1-3 hours of podcasts per week.”
- “64% of podcast listeners consume 3 or more podcasts per week.”
- “Fortunately for me, my podcast has also brought revenue for my agency.”
- “What should you podcast about starts with the question, who is your target audience?”
- “Podcasting is a great alternative to creating content for your brand or business.”
- “There is no podcasting police, at the end of the day, create great content and your type or length doesn’t matter.”
- “30 minute podcasts are ideal as it’s the typical commute for a person or the amount of time they work out.”
- “If the content is good, length doesn’t matter.”
Items mentioned in the show:
- Tack – UGC Curation Tool
- Episode 179: How To Record a Quality Podcast With Your iPhone
- Heil PR-40 Dynamic Studio Recording Microphone
- Audio Technia ATR2100-USB Cardioid Dynamic USB/XLR Microphone
- Blue Microphone Yeti USB Microphone
- Adobe Audition
- ECamm Call Recorder for Mac
- Pamela Call Recorder for PC
- Mackie ProFX 8 – Channel Mixer
- Roland R-05 Wave/MP3 Recorder
- ID3 Editor
- Contact Tyler