Do you ever wonder what it takes to achieve greatness?
Are you looking for a game plan to overcome obstacles and execute your vision?
Prepare to attend the school of greatness, and learn how to live bigger, love deeper, and live a legacy.
This week on the Social Media Social Hour, I am joined by Lewis Howes, lifestyle entrepreneur, former pro athlete, podcaster, and author, on how to live a more meaningful life.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I also share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Scoreboard Social.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
About Lewis Howes:
Lewis Howes is a lifestyle entrepreneur, speaker, podcaster, and author of the book, “The School of Greatness.”
He is also a former professional football player, two sport All-American, world record holding athlete and current USA Men’s National Team athlete for the Olympic sport Team Handball. Lewis has graced lists such as Details Magazine’s “5 Internet Gurus Who Can Make You Rich” and Incomediary.com’s “50 Most Influential People in Blogging.”Most recently Howes was recognized by Empact100 and President Obama at a White House ceremony as one of the top 100 entrepreneurs in the country under 30.
In his spare time, Lewis enjoys inventing products, angel investing, CrossFit and salsa dancing.
- “I want to create information, education, and tools to help people live a better life, by running better business’ and having better health.”
- “We are so blessed even when we’re struggling and not making the money that we want.”
- “Create something you’d like to listen to.”
- “It’s one thing to be inspired and to hear stories, but without an actual game plan, what’s the point?”
- “You have to go through the break-downs before you can break-through.”
- “You can build your brand in three different ways: mainstream media, social media, or offline events.”
- “The key to successful relationships is vulnerability.”
Exercise on Vision:
- Write down on a piece of paper what your perfect day would look like.
- Write down from the moment you wake up, from the moment you go to sleep, a daily itinerary on how to apply your perfect day into your every day.
- Reevaluate every quarter or 6 months to ensure that your perfect day and vision is continuing to serve you.
Items/people mentioned in the show:
Lewis’ Social Media Six Pack:
- Do you have any pets? No
- Can you juggle? Absolutely
- Can you change the oil in your car? No
- What was your first automobile? 1983 Honda Prelude, stick shift, 2 door
- What’s the oddest thing you’ve ever seen on a airplane? Cesar Millan with his dog
- Clowns, funny or creepy? “Why don’t cannibals eat clowns? Because the meat tastes funny”