Curious about how a premiere hotel company is utilizing user-generated content (UGC) to power its social media?
Want to know the importance of curating content correctly?
Listen to how Loews Hotels powers its social media through UGC and how it encourages interaction with its patrons to deliver an edge on advertising and community engagement in the hospitality sector.
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- How Olivia Hernandez, area social media manager for Loews Hotels, and the rest of the company power its social media through UGC.
- Olivia Hernandez’s story of how she realized the power of social media in a fast-paced and increasingly interactive world.
- How Loews is leveraging UGC to improve its interaction with its fans and potential customers.
- Loews’ passion for American hospitality.
- How Loews structures its community management and content curation in all 23 of its locations through social representatives.
- How Loews is creating and planning to utilize individual Instagram profiles to generate more UGC at each of its 23 locations.
- The ineffectiveness of links.
- How UGC is the bulk of the content on Loews’ pages.
- How Loews encourages its patrons to utilize hashtags and thus generate more UGC
- Why it is essential to ask for permission during client curation.
- How statutory damages can be inflicted from improper curation.
- How more and more people will be reporting illegal re-usages of content.
Memorable quotes from Olivia:
- “Links don’t look great on social media.”
- “We want our guests to be able experience a wonderful place to wander.”
- “People want to be seen. That’s why people are on social.”
- “I didn’t even know our pool was that cool!” (seeing UGC makes for a different lens)
- “Guests see the UGC on the page, and I think it humanizes the brand. I think that our brand seems more approachable because of it.”
Items mentioned in the show:
- Tack – UGC Curation Tool
- Connect with Olivia
- Contact Tyler