Are you struggling to get your Facebook posts more organic reach?
Are you looking for ways to make Facebook’s news feed algorithm work for you ?
There are three things that are inevitable in life- death, taxes, and that Facebook’s news feed algorithm will change. Although, Facebook’s ever-changing algorithm sometimes seems like a burden, it’s actually in place to help you and your audience share and access the most relevant content at the most relevant times.
This week on the Social Media Social Hour, I give you how Facebook’s news feed works: what marketers need to know.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I also share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Scoreboard Social.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- “Facebook needs an algorithm, because otherwise you would miss content that is important to you.”
- “Facebook wants to serve you content that you find interesting and that you will engage with.”
- “Facebook’s algorithm is triggered when your fans open their Facebook app, not when content is published.”
- “The algorithm tries to figure out which stories you are most likely to like, comment on, and share.”
- “Facebook takes into account who posted the story, the type of content it is, your previous interactions with that type of content, and how many interactions have taken place with a particular post.
- “Facebook is heavily emphasizing video right now.”
- “Quality over quantity.”
- “Everything that is posted receives a relevancy score, and the content that is most relevant to you, will show you in your news feed.”
- “Write more compelling content.”
- “Avoid promotion.”
- “Experiment with your content. Post different kinds.”
- “Take advantage of Facebook’s publisher tools.”
- “Facebook has a news feed FYI blog,”
Items/people mentioned in the show: