How Buffer Creates a Community of Engaging Fans
October 5, 2016
Are you looking for creative ways to build a community online?
Are you working to take your online connections offline?
Besides creating really great social media tools, Buffer is also known for their passion for community. From Twitter chats to in person meet-ups, Buffer has brought the process of building personal and professional relationships full circle.
This week on the Social Media Social Hour, we discuss how Buffer creates a community of engaging fans with Arielle Tannenbaum.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
About Arielle Tannenbaum:
Arielle Tannenbaum is a Community Champion at Buffer, responsible for #bufferchat, their slack community, and organizing Buffer’s events.
Mentionable Quotes by Arielle Tannenbaum:
- “We have a really active Slack community.”
- “Twitter chats are a fun way to build connections on Twitter.”
- “Community is really important to us at Buffer.”
- “We want to create a space where people can connect professionally and personally.”
- “Our guests are meant to provide an additional top level of expertise.”
- “We track the number of participants, the number of tweets, and the reach of #bufferchat.”
- “We’re looking to track retention.”
- “We capture all of the tweets from our guests, and feature some of our community members on our blog.”
- “Our goal is to get people together in person to help them continue the conversation offline.”
- “We’re trying to incorporate video into a lot of what we’re doing.”
Mentionable Quotes by Tyler Anderson:
- “Twitter chats are a great way to build authority in the space and connect with other people.”
Items/people mentioned in the show:
- 4 PM Sydney, Wednesday
- 9 AM PST, Wednesday
- Join Buffer’s Slack Channel
- Buffer Blog
- Contact Arielle Tannenbaum:
- Contact Buffer:
- Contact Tyler:
Arielle Tannenbaum‘s Social Media Six Pack:
- Have you ever had kohlrabi? Yes
- Do you like your vegetables raw or cooked? Raw
- Is there any vegetable that you don’t like? I have a love/hate relationship with beets
- If you’re going to cheat with a sugary snack, what is it? Croissant
- How many days a week can we find you in the yoga studio? 3, I would love it to be 5
- If you were going to celebrate something special and money was no object, what restaurant are you going to? VEDGE