Periscope Marketing: How Brands Can Use Periscope with Kim Garst
August 6, 2015
Have you tried Periscope out yet? Are you considering using the platform as part of your social media marketing strategy?
This week on the Social Media Social Hour, discover top tips and tactics on how brands can use periscope as part of their social media strategy
Periscope, an app owned by Twitter, has taken the social media world by storm in just a few months. Periscope is allowing brands to connect with their audience in a different way, in real-time, with real people. This week I am honored to be joined by Kim Garst, who is helping brands get started with live streaming video, specifically Periscope.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I also share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Scoreboard Social.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
About Kim Garst:
Kim is the Founder and CEO of Boom! Social, a personal branding and social media business consulting firm. She is the author of “The Quick and Easy Guide to Branding Your Business and Creating Massive Sales with Pinterest” Kim’s role in Boom! Social is that of the leading business coach.
Kim provides social media keynotes and in-depth training to entrepreneurs and corporations such as IBM and the Florida Keys Digital Marketing Conference. Interviews with Kim have appeared in Digital Journal and a BIB Podcast.
In 2012, Kim launched the annual 2-day Boom! Social Conference, which has featured such speakers as New York Times and Wall Street Journal best-selling author, Gary Vaynerchuk. It was also during this year that she was recognized by Startupnations.com as one of the Top 200 Leading Moms In Business and as one of the Top 100 Branding Experts To Follow on Twitter by Evan Carmichael, a leader in entrepreneurial coaching.
- “People buy from those they know, like and trust!”
- “The beauty of Periscope is that there are people on the other end of the phone, ENGAGING.”
- “Live streaming is a faster medium to building relationships.”
- “Periscope is essentially a peek into the world through someone else’s eyes”
- “The real value proposition is the amazing personal connection opportunities”
- “It’s very difficult for brands to show the personality or culture into written word. Periscope is an opportunity for personal engagement.”
- “One of the greatest value propositions inside of Periscope is the conversations viewers have with one another within a stream.”
- “Use Periscope to leverage the other things you are doing.”
- “The live streaming genie is out of the bottle.”
- Tips on building a following with Periscope:
- Your first stream gets promoted to everyone, so utilize that feature to get people hooked.
- Location feature helps get you noticed locally.
- Promote on other social media networks.
Items/people mentioned in the show:
Kim’s Social Media Six Pack:
- What is your lucky number? 3
- Flip flops or sandals? Flip flops
- Name of your cherished childhood stuffed animal? Pookie
- The last musical artist that you purchased an album? Kelly Clarkson’s Christmas album
- One show you cannot miss an episode of? Big Bang
- One city in the United States you haven’t been to that you want to? Not a city, but the Grand Canyon