Influencer marketing has definitely been one of the biggest marketing buzz words over the past few years. There is a place for brands and businesses to tap into this powerful medium, but when and how isn’t as obvious.
One of the best ways to help navigate these tricky waters is to find brands and businesses that are doing it right. Case in point, 1-800-Flowers.
We’re incredibly stoked to bring to you this week on our podcast, Tatiana Madera, from 1-800 Flowers, as she shares with you exactly what they’re doing to crush it with Influencer Marketing.
About the Show:
The Casual Fridays Podcast is a show for marketers and businesses looking to get on the social media fast track. Each podcast is an interview format, where I get up close and personal with top brands and leading experts to talk about digital marketing, social media marketing, influencer marketing, and more. This Casual Fridays Podcast is sponsored by Tack – a tool that helps brands and businesses acquire and manage digital rights to user-generated content (UGC).
In This Episode:
- 2:40 – How Tatiana got her position with 1-800 Flowers and became an influencer herself
- 6:52 – Common goals businesses should have with Influencer Marketing campaigns
- 8:40 – Why influencers are more impactful than brands with content
- 11:36 – The type of influencers 1-800 Flowers is working with
- 16:03 – The vetting process 1-800 Flowers uses
- 24:08 – How working with micro-influencers can cost less for brands and deliver bigger results
- 27:00 – The importance of letting influencers have creative control
- 29:24 – Tips that 1-800 Flowers has when measuring influencer marketing campaigns
The One Big Takeaway:
It’s not like people are going to brand websites just searching randomly, right? So we have to tell the story of what these products are, and influencers are such a great way to share that because their fans could see themselves in their photo more than they could see themselves in a brand’s photo or social posts. We do our best to really focus on lifestyle photography across our main brand channels to kind of help our fans see our product in a natural state, but influencers really do that better because their audiences know that it’s at their home and it’s not as staged as if it’s a photoshoot from a brand.
Resources Mentioned In The Show:
- Contact Tyler:
Enjoy the podcast?
- Please take 10 seconds of your time and give the show a rating or write a review on iTunes.
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Subscribe on Google Play
- Subscribe on Spotify
- Subscribe on Stitcher