Are your current Google Plus marketing efforts not effective?
Are you avoiding Google Plus as part of your social media marketing plan?
This week on the Social Media Social Hour, I invite Lynette Young, a leading authority on Google Plus marketing, to talk about the recent increase in Google Plus usage, and discuss tactics and strategies for businesses to leverage with their Google Plus marketing strategy. Lynette is President of Purple Stripe Productions, authored the book Google Plus for Small Business, and contributed to Guy Kawasaki’s best selling book, What The Plus. She is also one of the most followed females in the world on Google Plus and creator of the popular community, Google Plus for Women.
I also share with you a great tool to help with copying and pasting of text items.
About this show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media marketing fast track. The podcast is in interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with influencers and top brands to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I also share tools that I personally use in the day-to-day operations of running Casual Fridays, a leading social media marketing agency, and Scoreboard Social, a simplified social media reporting and competitive analytics tool.
If you would like to learn more about me and why I decided to start the Social Media Social Hour, check out this video I created.
In this episode, here’s what we’ll cover:
- Tech Tool of The Week: Jumpcut is a great tool that provides “clipboard buffering” – access to text that you’ve cut or copied, even if you’ve cut or copied something else
- How Lynette became a leading authority on Google Plus and one of the early adaptors in Google Plus for Business
- Why Google Plus is a powerful tool for all types of businesses and has an even playing field for small businesses and big companies
- Google Plus’s role in Google having over 25% of the bandwidth usage in the United States
- Are ads in Google Plus’s future?
- The difference between a Google Plus Personal Profile and a Google Plus Page
- The content that goes into your Google Plus profile goes directly into Google search
- Your business may not have a physical location, but you still may want to consider setting your Google Plus profile as a location page
- The difference between a Google Maps, Google Places and Google Plus
- The importance of tweaking your message for each of the social networks
- The longer you put content out in Google Plus, the higher the probability you’ll show up in search
- Using Google Plus communities as a business instead of as a person
- Strategies and tactics to determine the appropriate posting schedule for Google Plus
- The difference between content posted to Facebook versus content posted to Google Plus
- The different types of analytics available for Google Plus
Lynette Young’s Social Media Six Pack (six questions where I ask Lynette to provide one simple answer):
- After Google Plus, what is your social network of choice (personally)?
- How many hours a day is too many on social media?
- Smartphone of choice?
- Favorite social media management tool?
- First website/app you check in the morning?
- Best Social Media Day Event?
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Lynette Young on Google+
- Purple Stripe Productions
- Google+ for Small Business by Lynette Young
- What the Plus! Google+ for the Rest of Us by Guy Kawaskai
- Women of Google+