Facebook Live: How the Boys & Girls Clubs of America is Succeeding
January 31, 2019
Are you a brand looking to reach a broader audience on Facebook?
Are you interested in learning how to leverage Facebook Live for your brand or organization?
Maybe you’re wondering what it means to “go live” on Facebook, what type of content you should be producing, or how the live platform can benefit your brand. Whether you’ve never tested the feature or you’re dabbling with incorporating it into your social media strategy, we’re sharing some of our favorite tips and tricks when using Facebook Live.
Join me with today’s guest, Tiffany Rivers, Social Media Manager for Boys & Girls Clubs of America, as she shares her best practices for Facebook Live and how to leverage this content to build your brand.
About the show:
The Casual Fridays Podcast is a show for marketers and businesses looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and leading experts to talk about digital marketing, social media marketing, influencer marketing, and more. The Casual Fridays Podcast is sponsored by Tack – a tool that helps brands and businesses find and acquire digital rights to user-generated content (UGC).
About Tiffany Rivers:
- Social Media Manager for Boys & Girls Clubs of America
- Speaker at conferences such as Social Fresh
Key Quotes from Tiffany Rivers about Facebook Live:
- “It’s all about riding the wave and being steady, focusing on quality vs. quantity.”
- “You want to have something significant to say (on Facebook Live).”
- “For me, a big part of going live is being able to engage with your audience.”
- “People’s expectations of Live are not that it’s perfect, but that it’s Live.”
Key Takeaways about Facebook Live:
- 3:55 – Tiffany discusses pivots made to her organic strategy in 2018
- 6:20 – Tiffany dives into her strategy of quality vs. quantity for Facebook posts
- 7:00 – Tiffany discusses her content strategy across all platforms and how it was impacted by Mark Zuckerberg’s January 2018 statement about engagement
- 8:15 – The benefit of utilizing new Facebook features like Facebook Live
- 8:35 – How nonprofits can raise money using Facebook Live
- 11:20 – How Boys & Girls Clubs of America leverages Facebook today
- 12:30 – Planning for Facebook Live broadcasts
- 14:50 – Produced vs. non-produced Facebook Lives
- 16:50 – Tiffany discusses setting up for a successful Facebook Live and Instagram Live
- 18:44 – The sweet spot for publishing frequency with Facebook Live
- 19:20 – Defining intentionality and substance of Facebook Lives
- 23:30 – How long you should be going live across platforms
- 25:05 – Pros and cons of going live on different platforms on the same time
- 26:44 – Promoting Facebook Lives to target new audiences
- 28:05 – Measuring success of Facebook Lives
- 29:09 – Tiffany gives her top tips and best practices for going live
- 32:10 – Tiffany discusses why Facebook Live is important for Boys & Girls Clubs of America
Items mentioned in the show:
- Social Media Marketing World 2019
- Learn More About The Boys & Girls Club of America
- LinkedIn → http://www.linkedin.com/company/boys-&-girls-clubs-of-america
- Instagram → https://www.instagram.com/bgca_clubs/
- Facebook → https://www.facebook.com/bgca.clubs
- Twitter → @bgca_clubs
- Contact Tyler
Enjoy the podcast?
- Please take 10 seconds of your time and give the show a rating or write a review on iTunes.
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Subscribe on Google Play
- Subscribe on Spotify
- Subscribe on Stitcher